PDA

View Full Version : Anyone standing out?

whlhockeyfan13
08-25-2008, 06:35 PM
I am not in town, how are the scrimmages going? Anyone standing out?

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
White 6 Black 3

-Edwards and Williams in goal didn't let anything in.
-Micheal Small's spot needs to be filled by someone who deserves to be there
-Zemlak looked awful for the 3rd straight day.
-Aasman, Dotan and Frank played well for being younger, as did Wasylenko
-Harrison was really good, as was Manson.
-Kyle Aschim had a good scrap with Dotan, but I think Dotan is ahead of him skill-wise, and if I was a GM or coach, I would be looking to ship Kyle off. As the 7th defenseman, I think he needs to work harder in some areas. His brother though had a nice goal (Sean).
-Injuries were Hickmott, Martin and Trach (I think Trach's days are numbered, much like Landon Lillijord a few years back)
-Button, much like all weekend really controlled things from the backend with his speed and puck controlling abilities
-Cameron was in a foul mood today and was quite assertive on the physical end
-Ciolfi had a few assists and looked like a Seth Leonard at times.
-The building was empty and they hiked up the prices of all the food. Great now we're Fort Macmurray in everyway.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Kyle Golz (16) Ryan Harrison (16) David Dotan had a nice game and got in a fight. Edwards also looked sharp as did Stanford. I noticed some names not in the game that i was suprised about. Howman ?sp and Iron were not on the roster and have both had good camps I thought

Yeah I was surprised to see Hohmann, Gillanders, Glowa and Iron not there.

whlhockeyfan13
08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Who scored the goals?

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Who scored the goals?
http://www.raiderhockey.com/news/releases/index.html?article_id=209

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-25-2008, 09:07 PM
your right about Zemlak not looking good but his defence was terrible on those goals and he made 2 unreal saves

Zemlak is a good person, but I think we need to go in another direction. He's almost like a Ryan Senft. I thought Edwards was real good over the course of a few days and I would groom him rather than teach an old dog new tricks. Zemlak was really rough during the scrimmages on the weekend too.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Zemlak is a good goalie and was great for Saskatoon last year . I wouldnt worry about him. Defence and scoring goals is what our team needs to worry about. Tendler and Mcdonald have both had bad camps also

The goaltender rotation system is something I don't particularly like. I think with a young guy like Stanford, he should get every opportunity to play 90% of the games and not worrying about the possibility of being yanked at every given moment of failure. Yeah I like Zemlak and thought he was good when I saw him, but at the same time, if Stanford is the guy, he should have someone younger than him behind him to groom. I guess we'll see how it plays out. As for Tendler and McDonald, yeah I agree, Tendler hasn't been the same since his injury last season, and McDonald seems to be fighting the puck a lot. He looks rather frustrated at times.

Wildeyes
08-26-2008, 02:30 AM
edwards was solid this weekend but for a young kid like that he needs to play more hockey and learn he wont be playing if he is here in PA, He needs to go back and play AAA as a starter and he will be here next yr with zemlak being a 20yr next yr he probably wont be back and also they need a goalie like Z for a while for when Sanford goes to the Wild Camp.

in the game today while they were warming up Z on the last shot he took a slap shot off the knee cap and was hurting.
Trach is a tank and he will be here talk is that he might get the C. he had a good camp as well.

SaskHockeyFan
08-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Wildeyes, did you hear why Trach didn't play in the inter-squad game?

Wildeyes
08-26-2008, 11:32 AM
looked like he tweeked his leg in the last scrim he came off limping a bit

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
edwards was solid this weekend but for a young kid like that he needs to play more hockey and learn he wont be playing if he is here in PA, He needs to go back and play AAA as a starter and he will be here next yr with zemlak being a 20yr next yr he probably wont be back and also they need a goalie like Z for a while for when Sanford goes to the Wild Camp.

in the game today while they were warming up Z on the last shot he took a slap shot off the knee cap and was hurting.
Trach is a tank and he will be here talk is that he might get the C. he had a good camp as well.

He's a walking injury prone player..not so much a tank. He's done very little and with any bet, one more concussion and he'll be done.

SaskHockeyFan
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
After the afternoon had passed they were down to 33.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
After the afternoon had passed they were down to 33.

Yep, Cole Penner gone.
http://www.raiderhockey.com/news/releases/index.html?article_id=210

whlhockeyfan13
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
They sure bounce Penner around. Bring him in, send him back, bring him back, send him off again. I wonder what the issues were. He's not a bad player.

I also really like Iron, not sure why he can never make the team either.

Besides the 15 year olds, we need to cut some forwards. Any thoughts?

FELIX17
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Great job again O'brien! How long will they continue to allow him to mess this organization up with subpar drafting? A 4th overall pick should be a can't miss prospect, not someone who continues to be a problem for the team and then reassigned as a 17 year old. What a joke! Hopefully bringing in Ray Dudra can point the scouting department in the proper direction.

clockwise
08-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Penner got to know the Harry Jerome track behind the Art Hauser Centre on Sunday. When his team was on the ice for thier scrimmages he was running on the track.

Douglas
08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Obviously the team management was very upset with Penner and wanted to make an example of him. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a big splashy announcement on a teams own web page announcing such a negative news item. I would have thought a footnote in an update on the camp would have been sufficient.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Apparently he came into camp in poor physical condition and was late for practice on more than one occasion during the week.

Raiderfan8
08-27-2008, 12:45 PM
This could be a good thing and he could be traded to a team such as Calgary for a Mr. FIDDLER!

SaskHockeyFan
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Fiddler would not be an upgrade on any of the players in camp that I have seen so far. I realize he is from PA but there are 16 and 17 year olds in camp who are as good. See if he makes Calgary first before we start trading for him.

bladesruke
08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I think the Raiders are gonna have to find a 20 year old d-man if they wanna contend in the east this year. Maybe keep Bernhardt and Robertson and trade for a vet like a Spencer McAvoy from Swift or something, someone with WHL experience will help the very young defence and young Stanford.

bladesruke
08-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Abyone know if the Blades Raiders game will be broadcasted on the Radio tonight ?

sbtatter
08-31-2008, 04:01 PM
I think the Raiders are gonna have to find a 20 year old d-man if they wanna contend in the east this year. Maybe keep Bernhardt and Robertson and trade for a vet like a Spencer McAvoy from Swift or something, someone with WHL experience will help the very young defence and young Stanford.
How about McCue?