PDA

View Full Version : Other boards

Kristi
04-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Well after reading the other boards (99.9% is the white forum)today I am pretty embarrassed to be a Silvertips fan. I am thankful that the moderators here don't let things get out of control. I do think the grey board has a great group of moderators who clean it up in a timely fashion.

The white board is just plain embarrassing. There is not one shred of decent hockey talk on there. Sad that fans from the league see that and no wonder they think most of the fans are idiots.

So thanks to the mods here who let us actually talk hockey!!!!!!!

Spungy
04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm sorry you have had yucky experiences on the other boards.. so far we have been able to stick to hockey talk here and it is nice

I haven't gone to the grey board before but i find the white board just has a few irratating people.. lately i have read some intelligent posts around there

I hope you continue to enjoy yourself here!

ihlemic10
04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
I like how its flame free here and people post fairly. On the other boards people are too worried about bashing and flaming than talking Hockey. The only thing that they can talk Hockey about is which team sucks the most.

IceMan
04-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I've tried to start Hockey conversations on both Tips boards, and have been met with either no response, or a smattering of "good point" and that's it.

Most of the posts read as though it's a group of 12 year olds trying to out smart-ass each other. It's completely embarrassing ... I'm torn between trying to "do my duty" and defend the team itself in the face of all the garbage being flung around, and completely pulling back. It's tough to see other peoples incorrect perceptions about this team and not try and correct it. But when you do, it's just going to result in another grown up dressed in schoolboy clothes telling you that since you probably live in a reposessed trailer your opinion doesn't count.

I do have some good friends on the boards, so I try and keep active and in touch, but it's not as fun as it used to be.

We need to get some of our good posters over here.

Kristi
04-05-2005, 10:47 AM
I've tried to start Hockey conversations on both Tips boards, and have been met with either no response, or a smattering of "good point" and that's it.

Most of the posts read as though it's a group of 12 year olds trying to out smart-ass each other. It's completely embarrassing ... I'm torn between trying to "do my duty" and defend the team itself in the face of all the garbage being flung around, and completely pulling back. It's tough to see other peoples incorrect perceptions about this team and not try and correct it. But when you do, it's just going to result in another grown up dressed in schoolboy clothes telling you that since you probably live in a reposessed trailer your opinion doesn't count.

I do have some good friends on the boards, so I try and keep active and in touch, but it's not as fun as it used to be.

We need to get some of our good posters over here.

I agree we need to bring some of those posters over here. Not all of them though. I am glad I can post somewhere without being attacked personally everytime I do.

I agree there is nothing that bugs me more than incorrect information and when I try to correct people they just accuse me of things. I have been going to WHL games for 18 years I think I probably know something about the game!