PDA

View Full Version : opening night roster

Tipped Off
08-28-2008, 05:05 PM
with the latest round of cuts made.....I'm sure people have other ideas, but from what I've seen, read & heard here is what I am thinking...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/roster.jpg

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Is McDermott in or out?

Tipped Off
09-01-2008, 06:39 PM
With Mistelbacher and Kiefer sent home for disciplinary reasons...the Tips inked McDermott to a WHl education contract and you have to think since the Tips only have 24 players on their roster, and Ellington and Beach are leaving for NHL camp, McDermott will make the team.

Tipped Off
09-01-2008, 06:41 PM
From NP'sx Blog at heraldnet.com

Jordan Mistelbacher and defenseman Tyler Kieffer. Both have been sent home because of a violation of team rules. Tips GM Doug Soetaert declined to get into the details, including whether either would eventually be invited back.

This makes an inexperienced team even less so as Mistelbacher is an 18-year-old, Kieffer a 19-year-old and both returners from last season. If this turns out to be a permanent thing, a young team gets even younger.

Defenseman Gabe Minville was also reassigned following the game, which leaves Everett's roster at 24 -- 14 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders. Barring a move for an overager this will probably be Everett's opening night roster (minus Kyle Beach and Taylor Ellington, who are headed to NHL camps).

Tips make two signings (updated with third)

Posted at 5:47 pm by Nick Patterson

Everett made a pair of signings just in time for this weekend's tournament, inking forward Ryan White and defenseman Drew McDermott to WHL education contracts. The signings make me think those two will be in the lineup tonight, and it also indicates both have a good chance of surviving the final cut for this season.

--- UPDATE 5:45 p.m.

Add a third player to the signed list as forward Tyler Maxwell also signed today. Same applies to him as above. There's going to be a lot of 1991-born players on the team this season

Tipped Off
09-02-2008, 11:27 AM
With the exception of a last minute trade for an O/A or a Euro, this will be the Tips opening roster. The starters may not be who I have listed, but the names are correct.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/roster2.jpg

This roster gives the Tips Six U.S. Born players...
Maxwell, White, Harper, Dailey, Parker, McCrea.

CA-4
AK-1
CO-1

If Tyler Kieffer comes back from being "sent home" that would be Seven. He is from Minnesota.

Redwic
09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
"Jtyler" Skauge???

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
That line-up looks worse than the expansion opening night roster for the Tips.

Tipped Off
09-02-2008, 10:58 PM
The "j" stands for Jumped up Jesus what the hell am I doing here? !!!!

Thanks for the heads up...I fixed it.

Tipped Off
09-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Veterans awaiting decision

By Nick Patterson @ heraldnet.com
Herald Writer

LYNNWOOD -- There are no further developments regarding Everett Silvertips players Jordan Mistelbacher and Tyler Kieffer.

Everett general manager Doug Soetaert declined to comment further on the situation, in which Mistelbacher and Kieffer were sent home during the weekend for violating team rules. Soetaert previously declined to give any details about the nature of the violations or whether they pair would eventually be brought back.

Mistelbacher and Kieffer are a pair of veterans who were expected to provide experience for a team that will likely have 12 rookies on the roster when the season begins.

Mistelbacher, an 18-year-old left wing from Winnipeg, Manitoba, had 10 goals and 10 assists in 67 games with Everett last season. He's considered a promising enough prospect that he received an invitation to attend rookie training camp with the NHL's Minnesota Wild later this month.

Kieffer, a 19-year-old defenseman from Stillwater, Minn., had no goals and three assists in 27 games with the Tips after arriving midway through the season.

Roster set: Soetaert said he did not plan on making any more roster cuts before the season begins.

With Mistelbacher and Kieffer sent home, the Tips have 24 players remaining with the team -- 14 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders. Two of those, left wing Kyle Beach and defenseman Taylor Ellington, will not be with Everett when the season starts Sept. 19 in Kamloops because they'll be away at NHL training camps, Beach with Chicago and Ellington with Vancouver.

The Tips also planned on signing 18-year-old defenseman Brenden Stephen, the 6-foot-7 tower from Vanderhoof, B.C., to a WHL education contract this week.

Weekend preview: The Tips play twice at this weekend's Tri-City Preseason Tournament in Kennewick. Everett faces Spokane at 7 p.m. tonight, followed by a 2 p.m. game Friday against Portland.

Everett will be one player short as left wing Tyler Parker is out with an ankle sprain.

The Tips are 1-2 in the preseason so far, all three games taking place last weekend at the Everett Silvertips Preseason Tournament.

LifelongChiefsFan
09-05-2008, 07:34 AM
That line-up looks worse than the expansion opening night roster for the Tips.

Maybe, but considering the expansion Tips knocked off the Memorial Cup champs in a 7 game series on their way to the Western Conference Championship, you never know what this team could accomplish.

The only major problem I see is that Everett will be lacking a lot of depth at both defense and forward while Ellington and Beach are away. If Everett sustains a couple injuries or has some suspensions, they could have some issues early in the season.

Tipped Off
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/roster3.jpg

Tipped Off
09-10-2008, 02:52 PM
With teh latest acquisition of Bartek

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/roster4.jpg

Tipped Off
09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
With Addition of Shayne Brown and deletion of Kieffer
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/npthree/roster5.jpg