PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs acquire Wright from P.G.

HomerSimpson
08-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Tim Speltz and the Chiefs announced today that they have acquired goaltender Alex Wright from the Prince George Cougars in exchange for a conditional draft pick.

Not sure how much this is going to matter or if we'll ever even see him in a Chiefs' sweater - hence only giving up a conditional pick - but at least it gives us an option if Tic is gone for a long period of time at camp or if he makes the Canadian U-20 squad. Wright has 2 minutes of experience in the WHL with the Medicine Hat Tigers...I know absolutely nothing else about him; if anyone can fill it in from there it would be appreciated.

Chief Jeff
08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
This is a good indication that Tic has a great chance to be on the junior team. At least the Chiefs upper management must think so.

PGFlyfisher
08-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I was able to attend 3 of the camp games, including the annual intrasquad game. Myself and a few others who went, felt Wright was by far the best goaltender in those games. Thought he even outperformed Armstrong, although Armstrong may have been a little relaxed knowing that he was a safe bet to be this season' s starter.
If I could play GM, Wright would' ve been Armstrong' s back up this season based on camp performance!
Sorry to see him go, but at least he is going to a contender.
Best of luck to Alex.