PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits...

Big Ern
08-28-2008, 10:10 PM
A few jottings before I go catch some shut-eye so I can head to Calgary early in the AM:

-the first game in the tourney for the Broncos is Saturday night @ 7:00 PM, when they take on the Edmonton Oil Kings.

-the Broncos will be leaving for Edmonton Saturday morning.

-word is that one fairly interesting signing will be announced tomorrow, among others....keep checking the web and keep your ears perked! Exciting....tough guy??...scorer??

-I guess we know now when the long-awaited Annual General Meeting is....it appears to be scheduled for September 22nd. The Broncos had to push it a bit due to the 2nd round appearance they made...they are expected to throw a profit for the second year in a row.

-I will be spending tomorrow in Calgary...(lots to do...buying new gadgets, watching Hitmen training camp, etc.:)) and then heading to Edmonton early Saturday morning. I LOVE to blog from the road. So once again, keep it tuned...especially starting Saturday night, when the tournament begins.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

CrazyGeorge
08-28-2008, 10:20 PM
So more than one signing? Interesting....I'll be checking things tomorrow.

Broncs in RD
08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Riley Nash????

CrazyGeorge
08-29-2008, 01:20 PM
That's who I thought too...either that or Scott McCaully?

Broncs in RD
08-29-2008, 01:23 PM
well Reece Scarlett was just signed!!

CrazyGeorge
08-29-2008, 01:29 PM
That's old news!!!

AlanC
08-29-2008, 02:55 PM
That's who I thought too...either that or Scott McCaully?

They traded Macauley's rights to Tri-City over the summer. The Ams thought he might report if he could play with his brother Blair there.

Didn't work as the kid told the Ams he wasn't coming to camp and is going to focus on a scholarship.

CrazyGeorge
08-29-2008, 09:08 PM
So much for any sort of annoucement eh? I'd rather wait and see which 20's we have around before even thinking about moves. In Dean I trust!!!

CrazyGeorge
08-30-2008, 04:39 PM
11 players to NHL training camps...I can't think who all 11 are...Tassone, Dansereau, Wudrick, Weise, Molle, Dudas, Doyle, Claffey, Smith, Nelson...I know Smith and Nelson won't be back this season but they are counted as the 11 right? I'm missing one...I didn't think Yonkman got an invite to a camp. Just curious. Good luck to all who are attending NHL camps!!!

d-man
08-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Claffey wasn't invited to a camp. Michael Wilson (San Jose) and Erik Felde (Columbus) were counted in the 11. Nine eligible players for 2008/09 were invited which is still impressive.

CrazyGeorge
08-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks Dman!!!