PDA

View Full Version : Plante

sbtatter
08-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Did he show up to camp yet?

Hitmen1
08-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I haven't read or heard anything that suggests he didn't show up. What do you know?

sbtatter
08-30-2008, 07:27 AM
I haven't read or heard anything that suggests he didn't show up. What do you know?Nothing specific, we just keep hearing rumours he may end up being traded here.....

hitmanfan
08-30-2008, 09:15 AM
That's cause all those rumors started in Brandon :laugh:

Hitmen1
08-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Nothing specific, we just keep hearing rumours he may end up being traded here.....

Well I haven't heard any rumors on this end of things.

Hitmen1
08-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay, so I just read a recap from Hitmen camp today and it is true, Plante has not reported to camp. I guess it is a rumor that he has asked to be traded. Not sure if the rumor has a legit source but I guess its more than this site now.

sbtatter
08-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Okay, so I just read a recap from Hitmen camp today and it is true, Plante has not reported to camp. I guess it is a rumor that he has asked to be traded. Not sure if the rumor has a legit source but I guess its more than this site now.
Hmm, I guess I was correct!!

Hitmen1
08-31-2008, 10:12 AM
The trade request has now been made public. (http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=d3d53211-6eab-4f29-9fce-7aade827af31)

Hitmen1
09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Kisio sheds some light on this situation. Personally, I hope Kisio does take his time and gets exactly what he wants for Plante. The Hitmen should be in no rush to trade him.

Kisio on the Plante situation (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001556)

hitmanfan
09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
But like Kisio said the longer he waits the worse it is for both involved. Hopefully Alex smartens the heck up and gets back to what he does. Kisio said the bridge isn't burnt YET!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Kisio doesnt care about finding him a place to play unless he gets whatever offer he wants. Kisio could hold out forever if he wants to. What an ass.

He isnt exactly in control of things here. For one thing, Plante is leaving Calgary eventually no matter what. And another thing, Kisio is likely going to have to settle for an offer that isnt a typical return for a first rounder, especially considering how poor his last season was. How does anybody know if he has improved from last year, and if the injuries have healed? There is really isnt any guarentee, so why would someone give away a huge offer for a player as unsure as Plante? For all we know, he could pull another DePape and just bomb after a fluke year.

It is obvious that Kisio just wants Alex to change his mind. This never works though, and the longer he waits the less he will get. Nobody will offer a package suitable for the Plante of 06-07, and if Kisio is expecting that, then the only one who is going to suffer is Plante.

loudi94
09-22-2008, 09:13 PM
then the only one who is going to suffer is Plante.
Then so be it. He's an asset that will either fetch a good return or he can sit. It's his career. Choosing not to play is something Plante decided to do. by all accounts he's welcome to play with Calgary. I wish all the GMs would sit these boys out when they become petulant.

hitmanfan
09-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Kisio doesnt care about finding him a place to play unless he gets whatever offer he wants. Kisio could hold out forever if he wants to. What an ass.

He isnt exactly in control of things here. For one thing, Plante is leaving Calgary eventually no matter what. And another thing, Kisio is likely going to have to settle for an offer that isnt a typical return for a first rounder, especially considering how poor his last season was. How does anybody know if he has improved from last year, and if the injuries have healed? There is really isnt any guarentee, so why would someone give away a huge offer for a player as unsure as Plante? For all we know, he could pull another DePape and just bomb after a fluke year.

It is obvious that Kisio just wants Alex to change his mind. This never works though, and the longer he waits the less he will get. Nobody will offer a package suitable for the Plante of 06-07, and if Kisio is expecting that, then the only one who is going to suffer is Plante.

Have you talked to Kelly about this before you called him an ass. He did say the longer it goes on the worse it gets for EVERYONE. But he is not going to give him away for squat just because Alex said so. You say he might not be healed. What if he is and has another stellar year, then Kisio looks stupid for giving him away. Plante should have came to camp and waited like everyone else does. Sometimes when you force someones hand, you don't get the results you want.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Normally, I agree. Kids shouldnt be able to dictate where they go on a whim, but this isnt because he wants to play for their favorite team or something.

He had a very tough season last year, and understandably wants a fresh start. This league is about developing talented hockey players first and foremost, and if giving Plante a change of scenary is better for his career, then Kisio should look more into it.

He will still probably get proper compensation. Look at the Dansereau deal, for example.

Hitmen1
09-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Here is what I have read on another site. Apparently this is what Kisio is looking for in return.

Rumours have the Hitmen asking for a 17 or 18 year old defenceman plus a 1st or 2nd round bantam pick for Plante.

Brandonite
09-23-2008, 05:13 AM
The kid should realize he's 19 years old and is still just a junior player. You go where your told to play or you dont play. Simple as that! I agree if hes not happy, then yeah maybe look for a trade but Alex Plante is not a superstar by any means. He needs to earn that respect and he lost it last year by continuously getting hurt and being a complete liability to his team when he was in the line-up. Whos fault is that? I dont think its Kelly Kisio's or the Hitmen coaching staff what so ever!

armypower
09-23-2008, 08:24 AM
I think this will drag out for awhile,It's not a good idea on Plantes part
to demand a trade IMO...The longer he sits,the worse it's gonna be for him .
And Kisio won't give him away

AlanC
09-23-2008, 10:01 AM
This league is about developing talented hockey players first and foremost, and if giving Plante a change of scenary is better for his career, then Kisio should look more into it.

Just out of curiousity, why do you think Kisio HASN'T looked into it? I'm sure if some team had made him an offer by now that was fair market value for Plante, the deal would be done already. He said all he has gotten so far are lowball, tire-kicking offers. Of course he hasn't taken those offers. Nor should he.

Plante made this decision not to report and now he can wait until the Hitmen can get a fair deal. Kisio's not out to screw the kid over, he just out to do what is best for his team because that's his job. The situation is of Plante's making and if he has to miss some time because of it....he can only look in the mirror.

Last year P.G. traded Ty Wishart, Evan Fuller, and a 2008 3rd round pick to Moose Jaw for Brad Reige, Justin Maylan (who was MJ's 2006 1st round pick), and a 2008 first round pick. I am sure that kind of return for Wishart is what Kisio is looking for in a deal for Plante. If you call Reige-for-Fuller a sawoff, the Wishart deal was basically Wishart and a 3rd for two first rounders. When somebody comes along with an offer for Plante that's in that ballpark, then I'm sure Kisio will be listening.

SectionNDeserter
09-23-2008, 10:40 AM
JLast year P.G. traded Ty Wishart, Evan Fuller, and a 2008 3rd round pick to Moose Jaw for Brad Reige, Justin Maylan (who was MJ's 2006 1st round pick), and a 2008 first round pick. I am sure that kind of return for Wishart is what Kisio is looking for in a deal for Plante. If you call Reige-for-Fuller a sawoff, the Wishart deal was basically Wishart and a 3rd for two first rounders. When somebody comes along with an offer for Plante that's in that ballpark, then I'm sure Kisio will be listening.Last season stats (GP-G-A-P)

Alex Plante: 36-1-1-2

Ty Wishart: 40-12-28-40

These are players that are in two entirely different leagues. Injury or not, you amputate one of Wishart's arms, he probably still would have gotten 15 points. I think the ideal situation is for him to get traded and the Hitmen recieving a fair return, without Kisio waiting for the ridiculous scenario that you are posing.

AlanC
09-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Last season stats (GP-G-A-P)

Alex Plante: 36-1-1-2

Ty Wishart: 40-12-28-40

These are players that are in two entirely different leagues. Injury or not, you amputate one of Wishart's arms, he probably still would have gotten 15 points. I think the ideal situation is for him to get traded and the Hitmen recieving a fair return, without Kisio waiting for the ridiculous scenario that you are posing.

Nice selective use of statistics. I wonder why you didn't use Plante's stats from 06-07, his last healthy season: 58-8-30-38-81. I think we know the answer to that.

That's what he is capable of as a 17 year old when he was healthy. As a 17 year old, Wishart was 70-5-32-37-68. That's why he is worth the kind of return as Wishart. So no, it's not a ridiculous scenario at all despite your attempt to paint it as one.

SectionNDeserter
09-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Nice selective use of statistics. I wonder why you didn't use Plante's stats from 06-07, his last healthy season: 58-8-30-38-81. I think we know the answer to that.When you are talking about 19 year old players in the WHL, you have to live in the now. His stats from 06-07, while they may be relevant to his current team in the league, are considerably less relevant when used to determine his trade value to another team--In my opinion, this is why he really needed to come back to Calgary and play well, at least short term to increase his trade value. They are stats that he was once capable of, and may or may not be capable of again. Ryan Depape put up some excellent numbers in 06/07 also, now nobody seems to be taking him for free after an off year (and his off year wasn't nearly as off as Plante's). Plante doesn't count towards the overage total like Depape, and could play another year in the league, so he does still have some trade value, but he certainly won't get the same return as a top all-star player will.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-23-2008, 02:43 PM
this is why he really needed to come back to Calgary and play well, at least short term to increase his trade value. They are stats that he was once capable of, and may or may not be capable of again.....

...Plante doesn't count towards the overage total like Depape, and could play another year in the league, so he does still have some trade value, but he certainly won't get the same return as a top all-star player will.Exactly.

Kisio is looking for a trade offer suitable to that of 06-07 Plante, but it isnt going to come. Plante isnt a sure thing after last year and Kisio is fully aware of all of this, as are all the teams in the league. Teams are not going to pay full price(like a wishart type of trade return) for potentially damaged goods.

I think the best offer Calgary could get for Plante is for Delahey and a pick(example) and that is solely because of his success two years ago.

localguy
09-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Nice selective use of statistics. I wonder why you didn't use Plante's stats from 06-07, his last healthy season: 58-8-30-38-81. I think we know the answer to that.

That's what he is capable of as a 17 year old when he was healthy. As a 17 year old, Wishart was 70-5-32-37-68. That's why he is worth the kind of return as Wishart. So no, it's not a ridiculous scenario at all despite your attempt to paint it as one.

The answer is b/c even as a 17 Wishart was better, and an a worse team. And his stats improved, Plante's disappeared. No way he is worth the same trade value as Wishart. If he had played and shown he has something left, then you have a case, but he hasn't.

Hitmen1
09-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Just in case people didn't check the game thread, Alex Plante dressed and played last night for the Hitmen. A change of heart maybe?

Hitmen1
09-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I have alittle more now on the situation, lots of speculation that Alex's father may have been involved, maybe alittle too much and trying to get him closer to home. I have also heard today that Kisio has said the offers are just not what he wants so he told Alex it would be easier for him to move him if he started to play. And I guess it is possible that things maybe resolved, and if thats the case maybe Seabrook is one of the 20s that gets cut. Because the Hitmen will be better with Plante in the lineup.

More on Plante (http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=114d9dcb-5888-4107-812c-910a580cb4d0)

armypower
09-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't think Plante had much of a choice but to return....He may have been sitting for awhile or playing tier2.....This does change our 20yr old situation,
but we are better with Seabrook in the lineup than Plante....But Plante is another experienced body there and this could open up a spot for Ian Duval if they let go of Seabrook........I'd like to see Duval stay....

Brandonite
09-28-2008, 07:45 PM
Don't think Plante had much of a choice but to return....He may have been sitting for awhile or playing tier2.....This does change our 20yr old situation,
but we are better with Seabrook in the lineup than Plante....But Plante is another experienced body there and this could open up a spot for Ian Duval if they let go of Seabrook........I'd like to see Duval stay....

I would take Seabrook over Erb OR McCue. He isnt a tough guy but a much better d-man for sure!!