PDA

View Full Version : Ice Breaker Tournament 2008!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-30-2008, 11:57 AM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/News/Blades_News/323/

Ice Breaker Tournament

Credit Union Centre and the Saskatoon Blades are pleased to announce the pre-season Western Hockey League Tournament returns this September to Credit Union Centre.
The event is billed the ICE BREAKER for numerous reasons. First of all Ice Breaker usually refers to first encounters, and this is Saskatoon’s first and only Western Hockey League pre-season tournament. Secondly, for many of these teams it will be their first sanctioned WHL hockey game prior to the upcoming 2008/2009 season. Lastly, this tournament will give many hockey fans the opportunity to take in a sneak preview of what the Blades and other WHL teams have to offer.

The ICE BREAKER is a six team, three day Western Hockey League pre-season tournament. The tournament is comprised of four teams from the province of Saskatchewan and two teams from Alberta. We are pleased to announce that the Ice Breaker will take place on September 5, 6, & 7, 2008 at Credit Union Centre and will showcase the following teams:

The tournament format is one showcase game on Friday September 5th with the Saskatoon Blades taking on the WHL Eastern Division Champions the Lethbridge Hurricanes and after that all teams play 2 games and Wins vs Losses and goals for and against will determine the Ice Breaker 2008 Champions. A tie after the overtime period will result in a shootout.

Pre-season Western Hockey League tournaments have the distinct reputation of offering gritty, hardnosed, two-way hockey. It is at this time that future Western Hockey League hopefuls grind it out to solidify their place on a regular season roster and veteran players reaffirm their position on the team. It is make or break for many talented, young hockey players who have their hearts set on breaking into or remaining on a WHL Team. The passes will be more accurate, shots more powerful, and the hits harder than ever before, as each player works to stride past the competition to earn a permanent stall in their home dressing room.

Six Great Teams, Seven Exciting Games, Excellent Family Ticket Prices, Fantastic Hockey Value. Let’s break the ice for the 6th Annual ICE BREAKER pre-season Western Hockey League tournament.

TICKET PRICES

SINGLE ADMISSION PRICES TOURNAMENT PACKAGE PRICES

- ADULTS $7.50 - ADULT $30.00

- STUDENTS & SENIORS $5.50 - STUDENTS & SENIORS $25.00

- CHILDREN (12 & UNDER) $3.50 - CHILDREN (12 & UNDER) $15.00

*above prices include taxes and service charges*

On Sale this Saturday, August 23, 2008 at all Ticketmaster locations
Charge by phone at 938-7800 or online at www.ticketmaster.ca
For more information contact: Scott Ford @ 306-975-3175
I am very excited that this tournament has returned again,and even more pleased that the tournament has 6 teams. I am looking forward to seeing the Blades rookies as well as the other teams top rookies. It is going to feel awesome to get back into the CUC and watch hockey again.

PJ-34
08-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm pumped, can't wait 'till next weekend to see the B-lades in action! I'll see ya there GBG BB!

bladesruke
08-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I think i just may have to make an aperiance to that tourney as well,,, im so stoked that hockey is back. :groovy: