PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Roster

Yekcoh
08-30-2008, 05:56 PM
HI - would anybody be so kind as to list all the players that attended the traing camp this year, as well as the rookie camp. If so that would be great!

Thanks

Scout
08-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Chapman, Allistair Defence L 6'1" 165 Calgary, AB July 3/92

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruyer, Blaze LW L 6'4 195 Edmonton, AB February 26/91

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

33 Hoban, Brad Left Wing R 5'11 169 Victoria, BC January 17/91

Keeting, Chad Goal L 5'11" 155 Sechelt, BC January 4/91

10 Magnus, Christian Right Wing R 5'11" 168 Saskatoon, SK March 20/92

21 Eakin, Cody Centre L 5'11.5" 175 Winnipeg, MB May 24/91

23 Weise, Dale Right Wing R 6'2" 202 Winnipeg, MB August 5/88

Greyeyes, David Defence R 6' 188 Marcelin, SK August 5/91

24 Claffey, Derek Defense L 6'0" 195 Red Deer, AB May 28/89

Wagner, Dillon Centre R 5'10" 185 Duffield, AB April 16/91

2 Doyle, Eric Defence R 6'3" 185 Calgary, AB Apr. 4/89

18 Wudrick, Geordie Left Wing L 6'2.5" 196 Abbotsford, BC April 9/90

Toulmin, Grant Right Wing R 6'4" 205 Langley, BC March 2/89

Martin, James Defence L 6'2" 194 Winnipeg, MB May 29/91

28 Dalecky, Jan Left Wing R 5'10 165 Kladno, CZ March 10/90

7 Dudas, Jesse Defense R 6'1" 228 St. Albert, AB March 31/88

3 Rogers, Joel Defense L 6'0 163 Abbotsford, BC May 31/91

Lashyn, Jonathan Defence R 5'10" 150 Saskatoon, SK December 7/92

Peddle, Jordan Centre L 5'9" 173 Elbow, SK March 5/91

Evans, Jordan Defence L 6'1" 175 Drumheller, AB May 31/92

14 Dowling, Justin Centre L 5'10 168 Cochrane, AB October 1/90

25 Dansereau, Keegan Right Wing R 5'11" 201 Saskatoon, SK Jan. 1/88

30 Guggenberger, Mark Goaltender R 6'3" 208 Richfield, MN January 10/89

16 Tassone, Matt Centre L 6'1" 200 St. Albert, AB September 28/89

Hay, Michael Left Wing L 5'10" 165 Winnipeg, MB May 11/92

12 Brown, Mike Right Wing L 6'1.5" 201 Calgary, AB June 8/90

Jokel, Oliver Centre L 6'1" 170 Kosice, SVK July 8/91

Craig, Rodger Left Wing L 6'4" 215 Red Deer, AB February 4/91

27 Molle, Ryan Defense L 6'2" 202 Calgary, AB January 29/89

5 McAvoy, Spencer Defense R 6'3" 187 St. Albert, AB August 22/88

Vause, Taylor Centre R 5'9" 152 Calgary, AB September 28/91

01 Yonkman, Travis Goaltender L 6'1" 180 Saskatoon, SK April 17/88

Habscheid, Zach Defence R 6'4" 195 Swift Current, SK March 16/92

Scout

stick boy
09-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Rumor has it that Greyeyes, Chapman, Ketting have been reassigned.

Roger Craig has left for ajhl. Not sure about Wagner or LAshyn if they are still around

CrazyGeorge
09-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Just curious if the source of this rumour is reliable...I'm just shocked that Ketting is gone so soon.

stick boy
09-01-2008, 08:15 PM
99% sure, Guggenberger and a local goalie were the only ones on the ice today

Link Dog
09-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I hear we also have 18 year old d-man Hewitt in camp.

stick boy
09-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Never heard of him but there hasn't been a lot of official lists of players in camp at any point, so maybe we do

CrazyGeorge
09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Hopefully some time soon (perhaps Tuesday) the Broncos website will update their roster with the list of players still left in camp...including Hewitt. If any players are released or reassigned, I hope those are announced soon as well.

CrazyGeorge
09-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Broncos website is updated now. No Chapman, Greyeyes, or Keeting on the roster. Those guys have been reassigned. Not sure the status of Craig. Has he been reassigned as well? I don't see Hewitt either on the roster. The roster list on the Broncos website indicates us having 16 forwards, 10 dmen, and 2 goalies left in camp. Are there players missing from this list or can this new updated list be confirmed as to who is left in camp? We probably won't have many roster changes for a bit because of numerous players heading to NHL camps soon.

Link Dog
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Never heard of him but there hasn't been a lot of official lists of players in camp at any point, so maybe we do

He played on the weekend http://www.oilkings.ca/hm/inside.php?sid=9 and I believe he is still around.

Toswammi
09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Andrew Hewett...now added on the Bronco website

I think he was a Wheat King draft pick in 2005

Broncs in RD
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
I believe he played in the MJHL had 3 goals 15 assists and 114 PIMS.

Speedy Broncs
09-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Got to be honest - sending Ketting away surprises me! Cannot see us carrying a 20 yr old and 19 yr old for the year as goalies. We will see Mr. Ketting back up here sooner or later - one of the older goalies will be moved. Previous thread spoke of Ketting's baggage - more details?? Not sure about Ketting, but Guggenberger has a good chunk of it himself.

CrazyGeorge
09-03-2008, 12:45 AM
It comes down to the 20 year olds. With very few holes to be filled in the Rangers system, it appears Weise will be back as a 20 year. If he's going to be available as Broncos 20, we'd be stupid not to keep him on our roster. A good feeling that Dudas will be sticking around and he would gives us a strong defensive core with himself, Molle, Doyle, Claffey and new acquision Hewett. I really like Dudas and Weise as two of our 20 year olds. It would be nice get Dansereau back to add to our forwards unit BUT if they decide to go with Yonkman between the pipes then Dansereau is on the trade block it would seem. Perhaps if Dean is confident in Guggenberg then perhaps Yonkman could be traded. It's going to be a huge guessing game and down to the wire. Not many more roster spots to fill really. Our current roster consists of 16 forwards, 9 dmen and 2 goalies all of which includes 5 twenty year olds (Yonkman, Dudas, McAvoy, Dansereau and Weise). Only time will tell. Looking forward to the 2008/2009 Broncos season regardless who the 20 year olds are...in Dean I trust!!!

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
09-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Looking at the game sheets from both games, saw Weise as Captain and Wudrick, Eakin, Doyle, and Claffey as Assistants.

Toswammi
09-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Gotta feel bad for MacAvoy. He is good enough to play in this league as a 20, but it won't likely be in Swift this year.

CrazyGeorge
09-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Just a little extra time on my hands so I thought I'd check out Andrew Hewett and his former team, the Winnipeg South Blues.

Before coming to the Broncos, Myles Rumsey played for Winnipeg South Blues. This same team (Winnipeg South Blues) is the team that new commer Andrew Hewett played for last year. Myles played 2002/2003 for Winnipeg (winning rookie of the year for his team that year) before coming to the Broncos. Other former players (and rookie of the year) from this team that I noticed are Garnet Exelby (1997/1998) and Tyler Arnason (1996/1997) and former Bronco Sheldon Kennedy (winning rookie of the year in 1985/86). I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I recognized.

Big Ern
09-03-2008, 09:57 PM
By the way...

Andrew Hewitt looked very solid in St. Albert. He's definitely got size, and one can sense that he's pretty experienced back there on the blue line as an 18-year-old. Fans should be excited to watch him in the future.

He was listed on the roster in St. Albert, but I wasn't sure I wanted to mention it in the recaps. The Broncos even now, do not have a news release out yet regarding this player.

But I guess now that the cat is out on the forum, we can start brainstorming!! lol

I'm pretty excited to see what's going to happen in Saskatoon...not just how our team will do, but to get a brief look at what some of the other clubs in attendance have this season will be interesting as well. Expect a game recap after Saturday night...unfortunately not for Sunday's game, because I have to hurry back to do the speakers for the Legionnaires Sunday at 1:30 PM. (Exhibition Game #1 versus P.A.)

By the way...the trek to Saskatoon is not a huge undertaking. In my opinion it's easily worth the trip to see not one..but TWO games....as well as some games between other participating clubs. Bored? Why not go up there this Saturday? Make the decibel level higher for once in the CUC...lol

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!