PDA

View Full Version : Vs Saskatoon [Exhibition]

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-31-2008, 09:15 PM
I didn't tune in or attend and since it's harder to find a score than to find the truth in a Presidential Election, if anyone was there and knows the scorers and the score, it would be interesting to hear what happened.

I was at the lovely rider game today. :thumb:

bladesruke
08-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I tuned in back and forth. The Raiders won 6-2 , Bryce Lamb was the first star with 3 points, Zack Stebner had 2 Goals, Ryan Button was the best player on the ice i heard, 15 year old Mark McNeil had a great game.

Zemlak played the first half stopping 15/15 shots he faced, Edwards played the scond half stoping 11/13 shots he faced.

For Saskatoon: Morrison and Krahn let in 3 a peice ,,,,Cody chickie was strong for the Blades as was 15 year old Brent Benson and Charles Inglis

3 STARS *

1.Bryce Lamb [PA]
2.Mark McNeil [PA]
3.Cody Chickie [SK]

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
08-31-2008, 09:57 PM
I tuned in back and forth. The Raiders won 6-2 , Bryce Lamb was the first star with 3 points, Zack Stebner had 2 Goals, Ryan Button was the best player on the ice i heard, 15 year old Mark McNeil had a great game.

Zemlak played the first half stopping 15/15 shots he faced, Edwards played the scond half stoping 1/13 shots he faced.

For saskatoon: Morrison and Krahn let in 3 a peice ,,,,Cody chickie was strong for the Blades as was 15 year old Brent Benson and Charles Inglis

3 STARS *

1.Bryce Lamb [PA]
2.Mark McNeil [PA]
3.Cody Chickie [SK]

So PA dressed a veteran team for an exhibition game? :confused:

bladesruke
08-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Well they didn't have and 20,s, but they dressed a way more vetren squad than the Blades did thats for sure.

clockwise
09-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Raiders Veteran Squad! Kind of hard not to when 20 players in camp have WHL experience. The Raiders did dress 9 rookies last night.

bladesruke
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/News/Loft/

This caught my eye from les's loft

The 20 players dressed for P.A. had an average age of 17.55 years while the Blades' average age was 16.5. Eleven of those players for P.A. were regulars on last season's roster while only three of the Blades were regulars last season.

Having said that, it was difficult for Raiders' G.M. and head coach Bruno Campese to go in a different direction. His roster is down to 30 players. Three were injured and he didn't dress any of his four 20-year-olds. In addition, projected #1 goalie Steven Stanford, along with defencemen Nathan Deck and Blaine Tendler watched from the stands. That left a roster for the game, which included six 19-year-olds and four 18-year-olds.

On the Blades' side, G.M. and head coach Lorne Molleken has 33 players in camp. Plus, he dressed all three underage Bantam Draft picks from 2008 in the game. There was no Holtby in goal, Zahn, Sam Klassen, Niemi, Elliott, Joe or Funk on defence and no Hulak, Kytnar, Hamilton, Toomey, Langkow, Reich or Wintoneak up front. Due to injuries, Matt Sokol and Brendon Wall didn't play as they were expected to. As a result, the Blades' two oldest players were 18-year-old centre Gaelan Patterson and 18-year-old right winger Kevin Philp.

mckayd2001
09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Darian Dziurzynski vs James Dobrowolski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6toCMG-fN8

bladesruke
09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
This fight should be put in the fight forum