PDA

View Full Version : philp released

wango tango
09-02-2008, 12:39 PM
The Saskatoon Blades have announced that the team has released forward Kevin Philp.
Philp, a 6’7”, 246lbs. forward from Victoria, BC, played 36 games for the Blades in 2007/08 where he recorded 1 goal and 3 assists, along with 44 penalty minutes.

Today’s roster move now brings the Blades down to 34 players remaining, including 18 veterans and 16 rookies, 3 of which are 15 years old and are ineligible to play this season (Duncan Siemens, Brent Benson, Dalton Thrower).

best of luck for philp. a big guy who just couldn't make the jump up.

this has to be a wakeup call to veterans still in camp like patterson and wintoneak who i think are also on the bubble.

Trav
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Just no room for him...

Patterson had a good game against PA by the sound of it so he's still on for now. Wintoneak was the same old in the scrimmages I saw, nothing special so he's probably gone. The Blades youngsters look good so wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd and 4th lines are guys 18 and under.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
It makes room for more deserving rookies to earn a spot. In no way am I saying that Philp did not deserve to make this team,he probably did not meet the expectations of the coaching staff. Good luck to him.... Maybe he will resurface in the WHL somewhere? who knows.

Arthur Fonzerelli
09-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I saw Philp this past summer and let's just say he didn't look very lean. Says something about commitment.

PJ-34
09-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Philp is a hard player to let go, I subscribed to Saskatoon Blades Text Alerts and while in Costco I got a text saying that the Blades have released Klotz so I let out a big F. Not a big fan of this because we needed someone like him to re-place Klotz, to protect and serve this team.

bladesruke
09-03-2008, 09:22 AM
We don't need a guy like Philp and Klotz, they hurt us more than they help us those guys can't skate....So with that said Mke Reich will be the guy to drop the mitts this year..... He is valuable he can skate, scored 18 goals a couple years ago with the Giants, he can skate and agitate with the best of them. Zahn is another guy who will drop them ,Inglis as a rookies will toss them as well Dzuirzynski even so we'll be fine .

Trav
09-03-2008, 05:44 PM
when he's not fighting and Reich can do both so no need for Philp. Besides I thought the point of the game was to score goals, not to see how many fights you can win.

bladesruke
09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Trav...

RoundHouse
09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Bums ? are you kidding me ...tough guys have the hardest job !

All your little rookies and skilled guys (who score goals) need someone to stick up for them ,and maybe give the team a presence ..you think Reich is going to do that by himself ??

If Klotz such a bum ,why did Philly take him then ,and by all accounts he had a good rookie camp . ..im not saying you have to like fighting or anything like that ..but come on ,you need some guys to keep the peace you need a little of everything on a hockey team to make a winning team.

Arthur Fonzerelli
09-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Kevin Philp is now playing JrB for the Saanich Braves of Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League. :spineyes: