PDA

View Full Version : Tigers to host Raiders in benefit exhibition game for the Aasman family

clockwise
09-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Medicine Hat, AB – Medicine Hat Tigers are pleased to announce they will be hosting a WHL exhibition game in Medicine Hat to benefit the Tony Aasman family.

The Tigers will take on the Prince Albert Raiders on Tuesday, September 9th at 7:00 p.m. at The Arena.

All net proceeds from the game will be donated to Tony Aasman and his family.

“We appreciate all the hard work and long hours Tony has contributed to Medicine Hat Minor Hockey,” said Tigers’ director of marketing and public relations Dave Andjelic.

“His commitment to help young hockey players be the best they could be can not be more evident than Tony’s son Ryan, who was drafted by the Prince Albert Raiders and will be playing in the game,” said Andjelic.

“One of Tony’s dreams was to coach in the WHL and we are going to make that dream come true,” said Andjelic. “Tony will be behind the Tigers bench for the game and it should be extra special that his son Ryan will be participating in the game as well.”

“We are glad to be able to help the Aasman family as they go through the tough battle of cancer with Tony. We hope the money raised during the game will help relieve some of the stress the family must be facing,” stated Andjelic.

The Tigers would like to thank the Prince Albert Raiders and the Western Hockey League in helping to make this event possible.

Tickets for the game are now on sale at the Tigers ticket office in The Arena. Cost is $10.00 per person with all tickets being rush seating

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Very classy.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-10-2008, 01:51 AM
What happened in this game? Man you can't find any information when it comes to the exhibition season..I hate it.

Raider Fan 88
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
sounds like the guys didn't show up to play a real game.. another loss in the books... doesn't sound like a promising season

Zookeeper
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Lost 4-0.

SaskHockeyFan
09-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't think the point of this game was about winning or losing Raider Fan 88. The game was a fundraiser for the Aasman family. In that, it was a huge success. Medicine Hat turned out to support Tony Aasman and family in a big way. I am proud of the Raiders and the Tigers organizations for what they did. The Raiders were on the bus for 7 hours each way to go down for one game. The announcer said they arrived late due to traffic. Got off to a slow start. While the Tigers dressed a veteran squad for this memorable game, the Raiders dressed a young squad. Only 1 of their 20 year olds played as well Deck was not playing. I wouldn't write the Raiders off yet. They will do just fine and I think they will battle all year for a playoff spot with the Blades.

whlhockeyfan13
09-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow I didn't realize he had such a small amount of time left. How sad, but at least he lived life as a proud father who cared about hockey.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to Ryan and his family. Obviously this is a trying time, and a difficult battle to go through. My condolences.