PDA

View Full Version : World Junior prices info.

maple leaf
09-05-2008, 04:52 PM
You have to bye the whole package for the amount of $1199.00 for I believe 21 games which works out to be about 50.00 per game, or you can go on a payment plan of 244.00 upon purchase and then pay 108.44 per month from Jan. 31/09 to Sept. 30/09. It will cost you an extra 21.00 to go on the payment plan.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Which WJC is that for? So you can't buy single game tickets?

Trav
09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
buy single game tickets. If you can't then that is totally bogus.

maple leaf
09-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Sorry: It is for the games in Saskatoon 2010

maple leaf
09-05-2008, 05:13 PM

I was told you have to bye the whole package at the Blades office this afternoon.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I was told you have to bye the whole package at the Blades office this afternoon.

Rip off. Sorry with the prices of everything increasing, that's the last thing I'll waste my money on.

maple leaf
09-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Rip off. Sorry with the prices of everything increasing, that's the last thing I'll waste my money on.

I know it is alot of money to pay and it will keep alot of great dedicated hockey fans away. I was going to bye two packages but I think I will settle for one.

Trav
09-05-2008, 05:53 PM
So I guess only the "RICH" are able to go cuz thats the only people that can afford to pay that to watch hockey.

If it's like this for season ticket holders and the public then that's totally unfair.

Not going to spend that kinda money just to watch a hockey game, I can watch it on TV for free.

gr8freak
09-05-2008, 06:11 PM

If they don't sell out the tourney then single game tickets will be available. That's what happend in Grand Forks and I got good seats for the last day of the event (both medal games). I'm pretty sure if you know people around the city, plenty of tickets will be available for games people can't get to. My parents have had their season tickets since 1981. They know many, many people who are not happy and will not pay the $$$$ to attend the event this time.

This year for Ottawa, Hockey Canada is starting a WJHC marketplace where you can sell tickets you can't use so maybe it will be around if S'toon sells out.....

The 2009 WJC Ticket Marketplace will be launched in November 2008 giving fans who have purchased ticket packages the ability to re-sell games that they cannot attend. The marketplace will be the official ticket reseller for the event and will be the best place for those without ticket packages to purchase tickets.

There will be very few single-game tickets for non-Team Canada games, which will be released much closer to game time. There will be no single tickets available for Team Canada games.

Fans are encouraged to register online as a 2009 WJC Insider at the Ottawa world junior website (www.hockeycanada.ca/ottawa2009) to ensure they receive up-to-date information on the event, including family ticket packages, the launch of the ticket marketplace and information regarding FanFest and other community events. People interested in volunteering can also register online via the event website.

Here is some ticket pricing info for the Ottawa tourney for those looking to compare prices.....

2009 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
TICKETS PACKAGES ON SALE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC BEGINNING NOVEMBER 17TH
LIMITED TIME ONLY!
Less than 13 months remain until the first puck drops at the 2009 IIHF World Junior Championship in Ottawa, and the host organizing committee has announced that ticket packages will go on sale to the general public for a limited time only, beginning Saturday, November 17th.
There is very limited availability in the 100 level, and fewer than 1,000 seats left in the 200 level at Scotiabank Place. There is a $100.00 per seat deposit due at the time of purchase.

ORDER YOUR PACKAGE TODAY!
3 packages available:
Gold – 31 games (Lower Bowl) at $1,150 per seat**
Silver – 31 games (Upper Bowl) at $850 per seat**
Bronze – 17 games at Scotiabank Place (Upper Bowl) at $750 per seat**
**Ticket packages are subject to convenience charges of $25 per seat and a handling fee of $10 per order.
Lower Bowl includes 100 and 200 levels at Scotiabank Place and lower level, plus first 11 rows of the upper level, at the Ottawa Civic Centre.
There is a ticket limit of eight tickets per person, credit card, and/or account.
Ottawa Senators and Ottawa 67’s season ticket holders, as well as Hockey Canada and Event Sponsors, can order tickets by calling 613-599-FANS (3267) and identifying themselves as a Senators season-ticket holder, 67’s season-ticket holder or a Hockey Canada or event sponsor
Seating priority is based on the date your order is received, with Gold and Silver packages being allocated seats in priority to Bronze packages.
Tickets packages are available in 31-game and 17-game packages – no single-game tickets are currently available. The 31-game ticket packages start at $27.42 per seat per game and require only a $100 seat deposit. The balance can be paid in three installments: on July 1, 2007; November 1, 2007 and July 1, 2008. Ticket packages can be purchased at www.capitaltickets.ca, by calling 613-599-FANS (3267) and at the Ottawa Senators box office.

TICKETS FOR 2009 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP IN OTTAWA:
How can I secure seats?
Ticket packages for the 2009 IIHF World Junior Championship can be secured by calling 613-599-FANS (3267), at www.capitaltickets.ca or at the Ottawa Senators box office.
How much will ticket packages cost?
Thirty-one game ticket packages start at $27.42 per seat per game and require only a $100 seat deposit. The balance can be paid in three installments: on July 1, 2007, November 1, 2007 and July 1, 2008.

Can I buy individual tickets or just tickets to the Team Canada games?
Currently, only 31-game or 17-game ticket packages are available. Individual tickets or tickets to a specific game are not available at this time, and depending on demand and sales, may not be available at a future date.

Bugsy
09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Sorry: It is for the games in Saskatoon 2010

So, can you buy single game tickets for the tournament in Alberta? Cause I really want to go :D

canes77
09-06-2008, 09:01 PM
So, can you buy single game tickets for the tournament in Alberta? Cause I really want to go :D

Not only did the Hitmen and Oil Kings work on the Alberta bid, the Canes, Tigers, and Rebels reportly did as well (I'm not sure to what extent)...so hopefully that means the 3 smaller venues will get a Team Canada exhibition game at least?! Here's hoping :D

CHtoo
09-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I just received a letter from the team I support regarding availability and price of tickets.

21 games in Saskatoon either $1199.00, $1094.00 or $799.00.

12 games in Regina either $1071.00, $ 455.00 or $ 395.00.

Obviously Saskatoon is the better price break on the high end seating.

BUT come on folks 21 games! I seriously doubt many people can make ALL 21 games. You would have to go to two a day and that still makes 10 days in Saskatoon. Very expensive!

I guess they hope you'll flog the games you don't go to.