PDA

View Full Version : WK's 3 v 2 Pats

sbtatter
09-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Interesting game tonight. We hit 4 posts. Thought we were out hit by Regina, they had a coiple big hits on Fehr and Melnychuk, we need to take the body more. We had a lot of offence and speed missing, no Schenn, Calvert, Clark, Green, Lewadniuk.
Scoring plays were;
PP Melnychuk, Erb, Hall
Lowry, Ciarelli
PP Glennie, Fehr, Lowry
Tough debuts for both Miller and Rock, shows how hard it is to play in this league as a 16 year old. I thought Miller was the better of the 2. The rookie forwards fared better, Ciarelli, Hall, Depape and Stone, they all looked like they could play. Sinatynski struggled some. I thought the rookie line of Hall, Stone and Depape in the 3rd showed some great energy.
Erb won his fight. Robak showed a lack of energy at times, Cowan and Jeffries showed energy but no real physical presence, I wish they would just knock some heads as Regina did to us. I'm not sure we can win a league title with Cowan, Jeffries and Hale on this team. Grille Donovan looked like he has a lot to learn as well.

Thought Melnychuk was the best defenceman, he shot a lot on the PP and was great clearing the puck on the PK (a la McCue) Lowry the best forward.
Hildebrand looked good, Caliguri looked very good.

So overall, a good solid start, the rookie forwards look good, the rookie defence will start to learn o make a play quickly and get the puck out of the zone. Just hope we toughen up a bit, get a little meaner like the Pats...