PDA

View Full Version : Blades win 5-2

hockeytalk
09-05-2008, 10:34 PM
The Saskatoon Blades kicked off the Icebreaker Tournament with a 5-2 victory over the Lethbridge Hurricanes on Friday night.
Blades goal scorers were Darian Dziurzynski, Colin Joe, Travis Toomey, Derek Hulak, and Brody Sutter. Dziurzynski added an assist to his goal for 2 points on the night while Brody Sutter was named the games 1st star, adding 2 helpers to his goal for a 3 point night.

The game featured two penalty shots, one for each side, as Carter Ashton of the Hurricanes and Travis Toomey of the Blades were both stopped by Blades goaltender Matthew Krahn and Hurricanes goaltender Michael Tadjdeh. Krahn turned aside 22 of 24 Hurricane shots while Tadjdeh allowed 5 goals against on 33 Blades shots.

The Blades power play was 2 for 6 in the game while their penalty kill was a perfect 4 for 4.

The Icebreaker tournament resumes on Saturday as the Prince Albert Raiders and Lethbridge Hurricanes square off at 1:00pm, followed by the Moose Jaw Warriors and Swift Current Broncos at 4:15pm. The Blades will conclude the triple header, hosting the Medicine Hat Tigers at 7:30pm. For tickets to any of the games visit ticketmaster.ca or call 938-7800.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-06-2008, 12:12 PM
The Blades played well last night,Krahn played very well in my opinion. Some of the rookies looked very good,others were not really noticeable. I am pretty sure that Charles Inglis will make the team this year(I sure hope so) After seeing Colin Joe in action for the first time as well as Milan Kytnar I think they are going to be key players for the Blades this season. Hopefully Burke Gallimore will be back soon(he got his bell rung by a head shot delivered by Mitch Versteeg) but a proper recovery is the most important thing. I am seeing a new side to Darian Dziurzynski he is dropping the gloves,I do not really know if that is a good thing,it depends on the situation I guess. Hopefully the Blades can come out with the same effort in the two other games that they play this weekend!

4 more hockey games for me to watch,and I love it!!!!