PDA

View Full Version : MH 10 at SK 2 Tonight

hockeytalk
09-06-2008, 10:34 PM
The Saskatoon Blades were handed a 10-2 loss by the Medicine Hat Tigers on Saturday night. The Blades goal scorers on the evening were Brody Sutter and Darian Dziurzynski with Curtis Hamilton, Travis Toomey, Walker Wintoneak, and Brendon Wall adding assists.
For the Tigers, offensive production came off the sticks of Zdenek Okal (x3), John Stampohar, Linden Vey (x2), Travis Dunstall (x2), Taylor Gal, and Tomas Kundratek.

The Blades power play was 1 for 11 on the night while their penalty kill was 7 for 9. The Tigers also scored a shorthanded goal on a 5 on 3 disadvantage (Vey). Adam Morrison took the loss in goal for the Blades, making 20 saves on 30 Medicine Hat shots. Meanwhile, Ryan Holfeld turned aside 27 of Saskatoon’s 29 shots.

The Icebreaker continues tomorrow with the Lethbridge Hurricanes taking on the Moose Jaw Warriors at 1:00pm, the Medicine Hat Tigers and Swift Current Broncos doing battle at 4:15pm, and lastly the Saskatoon Blades hosting the Prince Albert Raiders in the final game of the Icebreaker tournament at 7:30pm.

For tickets to Sundays Icebreaker action visit ticketmaster.ca or call 938-7800.

bladesruke
09-06-2008, 10:41 PM
So Morrison let up 13 goals in 4 and a half periods of hockey this preseason,,,Looks like Krahn is winning the battle for the backup role.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Haha Morrison, you've just been cut boy.

Trav
09-06-2008, 10:50 PM
as the Blades were clearly outplayed by the Tigers who always seemed a step ahead of them. The Blades were minus four regular d-men (Joe, Zahn, Funk, and Niemi) plus a few veterans up front like Hulak, Kytnar and Langkow

Adam Morrison was brutal in net, the defense though were probably responsible for a couple of the goals but man he was weak, he had nothing, managed to make some good saves which I found kinda funny, guess maybe he was awake for those ones. If Morrison is the backup then something's wrong. Was hoping they'd put Krahn in but they didnt.

Wall and W. Klassen were weak on the point, they couldn't keep up to the Tigers. Wouldn't be surprised if one if not both of them are gone by Monday, Wall being the likely one to go for sure). Berg didn't do to bad, Siemens was probably the best d-man out there to be honest. I'm guessing Berg and Sohn will be the 7th and 8th d-men this year.

Up front, Inglis was playing hard all game and was the most noticeable guy. Hardly noticed Wintoneak. Brody Sutter seems to be finding the back of the net but I have noticed he that fast of a skater so hopefully he can work on that, I'm sure he'll be on the team though. The DD has been quite aggressive, 2nd fight tonight and got a few good shots in, when they fell to the ice and were in a pile I think the other player grabbed his hair or something cuz DD was in rage.

Just my opinion of the game.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
These two positions were very weak in this game,it was very frustrating to watch,but it is only an exhibition game. DD will be a key cog in the Blades offense this season (I would hope.) The Blades tried but were stopped and overpowered by the Tigers. Hopefully tomorrow the Blades will perform better against the Raiders. (If the Blades ice the line-up that I hope they will) It will be interesting for myself to be able to watch the Tigers and Broncos tomorrow in the 4:15 game as well as the 1:00 game to see the Warriors and Hurricanes.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Haha Morrison, you've just been cut boy.
Why so harsh ????????

gr8freak
09-07-2008, 11:24 AM
So Morrisoas let up 13 goals in 4 and a half periods of hockey this preseason,,,Looks like Krahn is winning the battle for the backup role.

Hi Tyler. Good to see you're still around.

bladesruke
09-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Sorry but my name is Steven

gr8freak
09-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry but my name is Steven

Oh yeah? So is this Steven or Tyler then.......,
http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=17856

So is it Tyler or Steven, Pirate?
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/News/Loft/111/

You can't even keep 'em straight in your own mind.

hockeytalk
09-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I think perhaps you are the one doing a little trolling on here gr8freak. Why don't you just stick with the hockey and quit trying to be a detective, alright?

Trav
09-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Why so harsh ????????

Just the word he worded it but in all honesty, he should be cut, Krahn has been a lot better.

gr8freak
09-07-2008, 12:08 PM
I think perhaps you are the one doing a little trolling on here gr8freak. Why don't you just stick with the hockey and quit trying to be a detective, alright?

It's funny, I spend the better part of the summer away from a computer and when I return the trail is obvious. It's a shame because as a fan I like to visit different sites and read opinions. But when it comes to the Blades you get this guy that posts fluff and tries to form public opinion. Sorry if I offended you for exposing the biggest fraud on WHL forums, but (T) doesn't deserve that kind of break and the parents of the kids on the Blades don't deserve to put up with him at Les Lazaruk's blog.

hockeytalk
09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I will explain this to you. "bladesruke" and "hockeytalk" are two totally different individuals. Bladesruke simply copied and pasted the article that "Tyler" wrote on Les's loft and posted it on the Blades forum for others to read. Both individuals just happen to post on the Blades site and are relations to each other.

gr8freak
09-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I will explain this to you. "bladesruke" and "hockeytalk" are two totally different individuals. Bladesruke simply copied and pasted the article that "Tyler" wrote on Les's loft and posted it on the Blades forum for others to read. Both individuals just happen to post on the Blades site and are relations to each other.

I never once made reference to "hockeytalk" so I'm not sure why you are defending YOURSELF????

I only compared "bladesruke" to Steven and Tyler wondering who was who. Sorry but I never once mentioned you.

bladesruke
09-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Boy this has turned into a gong show,,, all i know is my name is Steven not Tyler not Pirate so relax and get off of my back already, im just here for hockey chat nothing more than that.... Yes i did copy a post on les's loft and put it on here.

hockeytalk
09-07-2008, 02:21 PM
The gong show was started by a troll named Gr8freak. Now that we know that Steven is "Bladesruke" I think everyone can drop the topic now.

bladesruke
09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I thought this was supose to be about last nights game, and not being called an imposter ?