PDA

View Full Version : Interesting game VS Spokane

Ams4life
09-07-2008, 01:24 PM
So I think that everyone could tell that both these teams are far from the form they where in last year but that is to be expected during preseason. I do however think that Spokane was trying to make a statement with using dustin tokarski for the entire game. You rarely see a team use their starting goalie in all three periods during preseason. Oh well we STILL scored 4 goals on him and he didn't look all that sharp. Gardiner really held his own against tough boy ryan letts. Then McColm owned the kid he fought and I am not sure who that was. Exciting game but it was disapointing to see a starting goalie play the entire game during preseason. Pickard wasn't even in the line up

HomerSimpson
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
So I think that everyone could tell that both these teams are far from the form they where in last year but that is to be expected during preseason. I do however think that Spokane was trying to make a statement with using dustin tokarski for the entire game. You rarely see a team use their starting goalie in all three periods during preseason. Oh well we STILL scored 4 goals on him and he didn't look all that sharp. Gardiner really held his own against tough boy ryan letts. Then McColm owned the kid he fought and I am not sure who that was. Exciting game but it was disapointing to see a starting goalie play the entire game during preseason. Pickard wasn't even in the line up

I think that goes back to our competitive nature. The reason we won last year is because we competed to the bitter end each and every night we played. Our guys were literally stunned when they lost a game...it's rare to see that kind of competitive nature throughout an entire dressing room.

We came down there to win I guess lol. Scoring goals might be an issue for us this year - particularly if Bowman, Wahl or Roman are gone for any stretch of time. Wouldn't be surprised to see the team pull off one more deal for a top-6 forward before the season starts. Should be a good one - see you on opening night.

HAF
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM

Uh, I'm not sure what fight you were watching. It looked to me like our "heavyweight" McColm barely squeeked an edge over a 17 yr old rookie.