PDA

View Full Version : Todays roster

grainbear
09-07-2008, 06:09 PM
How close to the final roster was todays team in Moose Jaw and what are your thoughts on the teams performance as well

danger
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
They have some decisions on defense to make forwards are pretty much pencilled in. I watched the leth game and was happy with the looks of our our younger players forwards and defense. Though the score got out of hand I saw some positives in the squad that was on the ice.

I think that we could use some help on defence but if knackstedt gets sent back Brett Ward is the odd man out. fuller grantham and knackstedt would be a good core of hardworking leadership. I'd rather see a young guy get a shot on D.

Some notes I had from the game from some of the young players that I paid attention to. These are just first impressions.

Glover is going to be a good goaltender. Good Positional.

Bonar looked good a little small but he can handle the puck, a couple times he handled it too long. he gonna be a nice addition to the team.

Connor Cox looks like he can play. I was happy with how he played.

Kendall Mcfaull- looked like he had some size out there. He had his good and bad moments. He did look a tad green out there in terms of positioning. Nice to have some size back there though.

Macmaster- I really like his game, he is gonna help us out.

Howden- thought he played pretty good. Can't wait till he gets stronger as he is a big kid.

On a side note I'm still dissapointed that both Derek Grant and Matt Mackay didn't come to camp. It would have been nice to have them on our squad as we are thin on 18 year old forwards. I hope we did our best trying to get them here. Looks like both decided on college hockey.

oldtimehockey
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I liked some of what I saw too but disagree somewhat on Glover. Both Dubyk and Jebson played much better on Saturday against SC.

Howden played good Saturday but looked tired on Sunday.

McMaster was just okay in my books but does show promise.

Cox and Atkinson much smaller than Bonar. Bonar did show his junior A experience and seemed poised, strong kid. Cox is another year away from playing at this tempo and needs to get much stronger as is the case with McFaull. His skating is an issue.

This team has potential. They will have to rely on their speed and good puck movement. It'll be interesting to see who is on the final roster.

danger
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM
So you don't like glover as our back-up I take it. So who do you think gets the #2 goalie nod? Is there any way either of the other 2 tenders push mathews?

By the sounds of it the other two goalies proved to be ready for the whl?

I totally agree about bonar he is gonna help us out for sure. It would be nice to have a tad bit more size on D though maybe a beast or two. That being said the vets such as Stanton, Suer and Hamonic can all take the body (and not undersized in lbs department).

What about miller? I didn't see him play how does he look this year? he almost made the squad last year.

sbtatter
09-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Knacksdet was playing tonight, I thought he'd be away at an NHL camp?

oldtimehockey
09-14-2008, 01:10 PM
still lots of guys left but glover and jebson gone. miller was set home saturday, not sure why as i thought he looked better than little cox, no pun intended. some d playing up on forward. dubyk best back up for sure, great size covering lots of net. i think the wheat kings were caught a little off guard. way to go bast. he's fun to watch. sometimes speed and smarts is better on d than lumbering size so i don't think it'll be an issue. go warriors!!!