PDA

View Full Version : Trade

Scout
09-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Silvertips Acquire Forward Daniel Bartek
Created: Sep 10, 2008
Twenty-year old European had breakout season last year for Brandon Everett, WA – Everett Silvertips Vice President / General Manager Doug Soetaert announced Wednesday that the Silvertips have acquired Daniel Bartek from the Brandon Wheat Kings in exchange for a fourth round selection in the 2009 WHL Bantam Draft. A native of Olomouc, Czech Republic, Bartek established career highs last year as a nineteen year old, posting 22 goals and 14 assists for 36 points in just 54 games with the Wheat Kings.

Bartek, a 6’2, 198 pound forward, finished fifth on the host Czech Republic team in the 2008 IIHF World Junior Championships, totaling two goals and an assist for three points in six games.

“We’re excited to add such a quality individual and a hard working player who will definitely be able to contribute as a top-six forward this year for the Silvertips,” Soetaert noted.

Bartek joins defensemen Graham Potuer and Taylor Ellington as eligible overagers while occupying one of the two vacant import spots.

The Silvertips will conclude the preseason this weekend when they take part in a home-and-home series with the Tri-City Americans, with Friday’s home contest scheduled to begin at 7:35 pm at Comcast Arena. The home opener is Saturday, September 20th, featuring a 7:05 contest against the rival Vancouver Giants. For ticket information, including single game, fourteen and 22 game ticket packages as well as season seats, please call the Silvertips’ front office at (425) 252-5100.

Scout

Scout
09-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I called it. Good luck Daniel, sorry you won't see the playoffs, but you will be guaranteed to be their top scorer if Beach doesn't return.

Joe Hallenback
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Good Player but really no spots for him in the lineup with all the good young guys we got

Section Ten
09-11-2008, 08:22 AM
We'll really miss him on the PK this year. Solid two-way player. I've only been to the one pre-season game, so I'm not sure who will fill that role for us on the upcoming roster.

Kelly was using Glennie on the PK on the Friday night game against Regina--he looked good out there. I wonder what else he has up his sleeve?

sbtatter
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
We'll really miss him on the PK this year. Solid two-way player. I've only been to the one pre-season game, so I'm not sure who will fill that role for us on the upcoming roster.

Kelly was using Glennie on the PK on the Friday night game against Regina--he looked good out there. I wonder what else he has up his sleeve?
We'll miss Bartek but he was just a victim of the numbers game. Hope he has a great season out in Everett.
Penalty killers for this season will be Clark, Lowry, Calvert, Jeffries, Schenn, Glennie, Ciarelli, Green if need be....