PDA

View Full Version : Where is Roman?

Chief Jeff
09-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know what the status or Andrej Roman is? Last I heard there was some tie-up with his coming over. We are a week from the season....anyone heard anything? In my opinion he is every bit as talented as Wahl at puck handling and passing and is critical if they are going to make another deep run.

brawler21
09-11-2008, 10:53 PM
here is what i got jeff and you may not like it. we may not see ondrej all the way as far as christmas time according to someone in the org.I believe his national team will not release him w/out compensation from dallas.its politics now.
i dont know any of the facts but do trust what i hear from certain people.

we will see if what i heard was true. vc124

also, i think your assesment of ondrej is bang on......the kid is the "playmaker"and makes every linemate look even better.

HomerSimpson
09-12-2008, 08:23 AM
You are correct, brawler. Basically, the IIHF and the NHL are still trying to work out a transfer agreement with the European teams. There isn't one right now. The same politics are involved with the drafting of Russian/European players into the NHL...Alex Cherepanov was a top prospect for the draft last year but wasn't taken until late in the first round for this reason. All we can do at this point is just wait and see - I agree with the sentiment that Ondrej is invaluable to our team, and I look forward to getting him back and making another long run at things.

Pete76
09-21-2008, 06:25 PM
definitely looking forward to having him back with the chiefs!