PDA

View Full Version : Tendler returned to Pat C's

nivek_wahs
09-12-2008, 01:41 PM
From Greg Harder's Slap Shots.... http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/archive/2008/09/12/tendler-returned-to-pat-c-s.aspx

Tendler returned to Pat C's

Media release:
Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats General Manager Brent Parker has re-assigned 16 year old goaltender Derek Tendler to the Regina Pat Canadians of the SMAAAHL. This leaves the Pats with 26 players left on the roster (8 defencemen, 15 forwards and 3 goaltenders).
With Linden Rowat away at NHL camp in Los Angeles this weekend, Jeff Bosch and Damien Ketlo will see all of the action between the pipes in both games against the Saskatoon Blades. Tonight the Pats host the Blades at 7pm at the Brandt Centre, while tomorrow night the two will do it again in Saskatoon with a 7:05 start at the Credit Union Centre.

nivek_wahs
09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
All I have to say is.... The Pat C's just got a WHOLE lot better with this move.

CJSenterprise4
09-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Unless the Pats trade 2 of the other goalies there is no room for Tendler yet. Really the only options the Pats had this year with the crop of good goalies.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Unless the Pats trade 2 of the other goalies there is no room for Tendler yet. Really the only options the Pats had this year with the crop of good goalies.

Yeah, I think this move is temporary.

I dont see how it couldnt be. One of Bosch or Rowat will be moved for offence, and unless something has changed, Ketlo will likely be moved so he can find a place to be the backup, based on the fact that Tendler and him are so close in competition, while being younger. Which leaves one spot for the rookie.

I mean, think about it. Bosch and Rosie will be in their 19 and 20 seasons respectively after this year... and its extremely doubtful that Tendler will be in Midget next year. They are going to eventually have make room for him. And since this is more of a transition year (even though the pats could still be competitive this year), now is a better time to get him playing time than next year.

THough I could be wrong. I doubt it though

Bepoleon
09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I agree, its temporary until they move a goalie (Rowat) or two (Ketlo).