PDA

View Full Version : Only preseason game of the year.

loudi94
09-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Yikes, we're just not looking too good going into the home opener. Hope our guys get cut from their NHL camps quickly. On another note, why is it I can't ever find confidence in Metsola? He took the Canes to the WHL final and I still don't think he's very good. I thought whoever backup it was that played for Kootenay was a better goalie tonight. I know one exhibition game is nothing, but...........if he's any good, why wasn't he drafted or invited to some team's camp?

Spungy
09-13-2008, 10:07 PM
what was the score?

loudi94
09-13-2008, 11:03 PM
6-3 Kootenay.

localguy
09-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I hope they all do well and stick around thier camps as long as they can. It will do nothing but make them work that much harder to get there, and for those that may not return, good for them, it's why they play. Juha had 1 vertern d man in front of him tonight, in fact there were few vetern players even playing. If I am not mistaken, that was also Juha's first game of the pre-season. We'll be fine, and if we have a slow start, so be it, it's waht happens at the end, not the beginning that makes the difference. Having the vets gone in the beginning will give the kids that are here lots of ice, and experience, good things if you want to build depth.

grainbear
09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Couple of observations from last night . I did not see what i consider a soft goal. Kootenay had players in the blue zone all night and did not get a call for interference once. Instead everytime we made a move to lay a hand on the Kootenay players we were assessed a penalty. He simply was beat when he could not see the puck from the point. One big difference I did see is that the Ice were getting sticks in the lanes and we simple did not , The rookie d-men were taking too long to put the pucks on net. And with the exception of the one forward line with veterans there was no sustained cycle. Once veterans are back it will be a difference.No teams has yet won or lost the Memorial Cup in the preseason. Has anyone heard the status on Thompson the 1991 player brought in for last night from San Diego , I do have some concern because of the request for the team Dr. to go to the dressing room . I trust that Barteaux gets a least a game as a veteran he plays better than that and knows better

LHF
09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
I think you mean Garrett Taylor. He got a mild concussion, but is going to be fine. He will play on Friday.