PDA

View Full Version : good news bad news

grainbear
09-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I see that Ben has made the list for main camp in Ottawa , part of 18 d-men going to main camp. I hope Columbus chokes on the decision not to sign him. Would think with 7 d in ottawa and 7 in ahl and 7 in echl we may not see Ben back hope I am wrong.But he certainly had a good rookie camp

Jake
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Not many NHL franchises supply a full contingent of players to an ECHL affiliate. I can't speak for Ottawa but others I am familiar with will have ~ 8 or 9 minor league defense prospects playing pro.

18 players at Ottawa's camp would certainly put Wright on the cusp.

neutral
09-18-2008, 07:50 AM
From Philly

Training Camp will start with a two-day tournament, on Saturday, September 20 and Sunday, September 21. All the players in Training Camp have been split into four teams. Luca is on Team Barber. That would appear to mean starting the season without Ben and Luca.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
09-18-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't see Fadden on the Tampa Bay final training camp roster. Has anyone heard if he is back or still with them in the AHL or something?

TEAM WHITE

Gratton, Chris
Hall, Adam
Halpern, Jeff (Injured)
Jokinen, Jussi
Koci, David
Konopka, Zenon
Lundin, Mike
Malone, Ryan
Meszaros, Andrej
Mihalik, Vladimir
Niskala, Janne
Ramo, Karri
Ranger, Paul
Recchi, Mark
Roberts, Gary
Rogers, Andy
Segal, Brandon
Smith, Mike
Stamkos, Steven
Szczeuchura, Paul
Vrbata, Radim
Ward, Jason

Team Black

Artyukhin, Evgeny
Bochenski, Brandon
Carle, Matt
Craig, Ryan
Helenius, Riku
Heward, Jamie
Hutchinson, Andrew
Jones, Blair
Kolzig, Olaf
Lawrence, Chris
Lecavalier, Vincent
O’Brien, Shane
O’Connor, Sean
Ouellet, Michel
Prospal, Vaclav
Smaby, Matt
Smith, Wyatt
Smolenak, Radek
St. Louis, Martin
Tarnasky, Nick
Wishart, Ty

O&C
09-18-2008, 04:05 PM
On a side note, looks like the team's new site is up. Its actually more of a revamp of the old one. Looks good. The new slogan is "Hurricanes Hockey: Dreams come Blue". Its definatly original... i think i like it even! :D

http://www.lethbridgehurricanes.com/

hitmanfan
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
What was the slogan before "dreams come blue"?

localguy
09-18-2008, 06:54 PM
What was the slogan before "dreams come blue"?

"Let's get out of the first flipping round" JK, I don't know what it was.

shushu
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
"Let's get out of the first flipping round" JK, I don't know what it was.
"i think i can, i think i can" followed by the little train in a canes jersey, golfing in april ;) .........................actually it was building tradition..................

hitmanfan
09-18-2008, 07:29 PM
"i think i can, i think i can" followed by the little train in a canes jersey, golfing in april ;) .........................actually it was building tradition..................

Very admirable slogans. Maybe we can borrow one for a year. Not sure about the whole "Dreams" thing. Makes it sound like you have a unicorn for a mascot. :unicorn: : clown:

shushu
09-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Very admirable slogans. Maybe we can borrow one for a year. Not sure about the whole "Dreams" thing. Makes it sound like you have a unicorn for a mascot. :unicorn: : clown:
as for dreams come blue, think it's time to think up a new one. like" layoff the glue" :spineyes: sounds kinda the same and there only a few letters to change...........

localguy
09-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Looks like Bancks has made Atlanta's main camp roster with a good showing at Traverse. Congrats. http://thrashers.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=381808&page=NewsPage&service=page

localguy
09-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Sceviour made Dallas's main camp too. http://stars.nhl.com/ext/pdf/2008TrainingCampRosterB.pdf This will be good experience for these guys, but we could be in for a long October. The young guys are going to get lots of expreince they may not have otherwise had, this should hepl build depth.

O&C
09-19-2008, 09:45 AM
How bout... "Into the Blue", and Jessica Alba can be our new mascot. vci34