PDA

View Full Version : Blades name Hulak captain...

Trav
09-18-2008, 12:13 PM
From www.saskatoonblades.com

The Saskatoon Blades are pleased to announce that 19 year old forward Derek Hulak has been named Team Captain for the 2008/09 season.

Hulak is entering his 3rd full season with the Blades after being traded to the club during the 2006/07 season. The Saskatoon product recorded 16 goals last season and will be relied on this year for both offense and leadership. This year’s captaincy was voted by the players with Derek receiving the unanimous decision to wear the “C”.

The players also voted their 3 Assistant Captains on Thursday, giving the honours to 18 year old defenseman Teigan Zahn, 19 year old defenseman Ryan Funk, and 20 year old defenseman Colin Joe who is playing his first full season with the team after being acquired from the Kelowna Rockets.

PJ-34
09-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Kind of a surprise to me actually. Especially Joe and Funk wearing A's. But I know Hulak will make a good C.

Trav
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
surprised that Funk got an "A" to. Joe not as surprised since he's been in the league for a long time and is a pretty decent d-man. I thought Zahn would be named captain and Hulak wearing an "A" though.