PDA

View Full Version : So CLOSE.....

Shinyshoes
04-05-2005, 11:10 PM
:( Damn. Kudos for the tigers....I think this year you just had the better team.

Tough to take when we can take you to 1 goal in the 7th game, but that the way it goes.

To our overagers, Ty Morris, Gerry Festa, and Chris Neiszner, You will be missed, Especially Neiszner, who's Parents I got to know personally this season, and will be tough shoes to fill next season.

Also to our "Not Expected To Return" Players, Dion Phaneuf, Colin Fraser, Mikko Kuuka, Roman Wick, and possibly others, again Best of luck. Dion Especially, Who we got to see develop into a Superstar at the Junior level, and has a VERY Promising Career in front of him.

On the up side, Seeing Brandon Sutter in action, and the development of Peiper, Kurceba, Lamereux, Flatters, and the other younger talent has me drooling at the potential for the next couple of years.

Great Season Guys, Good Luck to the Players Moving on, and I look forward to seeing as many of you (Players and fans) next year at training Camp.

Who Do we chear For now??

frontrow fan
04-06-2005, 07:36 AM
:( I join shiney in saying "way to go guys" wish the outcome could have been different!
To the guys who will be moving on :wave: .... Good Luck...have fun.... and you will be missed!! But hopefully the Rebel's site can keep up to date and keep us informed as to were you all go, so we can keep tabs on your careers...
Looking forward now to next season, with the prospects we have looks like we will have another great year....

???? were's Wick going???? :confused: :wave:

tazndevil
04-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Just wanted to congrats to the Rebels and their fans on a tremendous year.

It truly was a pleasure meeting those that I met, and I hope to meet more (if not all) of the Red Deer posters next year. The fans in Red Deer are awesome, and I know you are very proud of your team for their accomplishments (as well you should be).

Was hoping to meet you in Round 2, as I just don't think it will be the same without you guys.

If you want to catch some round 2 action, we are just an hour and a half away (lol).

Have a great summer, and we will see you all down here next year.

Respectfully,

Taz

Red celtic
04-06-2005, 12:38 PM
I just want to say thanks for another great year of rebel hockey it has been a pleasure watching this team grow throughout the season. These kids give their heart and soul to play a great game. I to will miss the graduating players but know they will always consider Red Deer their second home. To Colin, Deon, Ty, Gary, and Roman and any other Rebel who is not coming back good luck in thr next phase of your life. In regards to Chris Neiszner you will always be part of our family and I know we will be seeing lots of you.

Thanks for the memories
Craig

Tinner
04-06-2005, 04:14 PM
At any level, one of the hardest things to see or do, is to see a player leave, or finish his hockey career. Memories of the good things are always the hardest to forget and of the dumb or silly things, the ones most talked about.
Players (RD Rebels) moving on in their lifes will always remember red deer and their time here, and for that, it makes us think about their time here. Good luck to those moving on and I'm sure they'll remember us, the fans, their billets and most of all the players they have played with.

frontrow fan
04-06-2005, 04:58 PM
:confused: still wondering where is Wick going??? I hadn't heard he was going to be leaving...??? This makes me sad!!! :(

Tinner
04-06-2005, 07:28 PM
he is a draft pick of the Senators, so I'm sure there are a few options, one of which could be back in RD next year.

Furback
04-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Is wick considered a 20 year old next year? he is a late birthday and turns 20 dec 30 does any body know how that works?

Chipper
04-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Well I'm a bit disapointed that there is no chance for a ICE- REBELS final but I guess there is still a chance for and ICE- HITMAN, but there is a while to wait and a few good teams to get by first. Any way congratulations on a good season and the league will miss Dion next year. Now I guess my inlaws from Reddeer will have no choice but to cheer for the ICE lol. P.S. all you rebel fans are always welcome to watch some good games here in Cranbrook as we are still hoping for a long run, but as you all know anything can happen in the playoffs. GO ICE GO!!!!!!!!!! :groovy: :thumb:

Rebels_chick
04-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I'd just like to say that although I'm not from Red Deer, and I don't have the opportunity to watch these guys play a lot, I still had a lot of fun listening to the broadcasts, and going to games when I had the chance-including going out to Red Deer for my birthday and seeing a game and the World Junior Trophy. I really do love this team, and I'm really going to miss all the overagers, and the guys moving on. It's going to be very hard to see them go. I'd like to wish good luck to all of them and thank the team for playing their hearts out for us this year, and just entertaining us. I don't know what I'm going to do now to fill up my nights, because most nights I was glued to my computer listening to Mooner's broadcasts. Anyways, life goes on. It just hurts to lose when you get that close. Congrats to the Tigers for a great series.

SLASH
04-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I just wanted to thank the Rebels for another great year. I love the Hitmen/ Rebels rivalry so I can't wait until Airdrie and our 1st pre-season tilt.

We have met a lot of great Red Deer fans, Kudos to you!!!
Shinnyshoes, Tiny, Wade and Doris.....Have a great summer and we'll see you in September.

Maybe we'll get together and have a tailgate party come the 1st week of the season!

Slash
www.jrhockeyjunkies.com