PDA

View Full Version : GM #01: Pats @ Wheats (Sept. 19)

nivek_wahs
09-19-2008, 08:15 PM
September 19, 2008

Scratches
Eberle (Oilers camp), Leffler (Capitals camp), Delahey(Devils camp), Teubert (Kings camp), Rowat (Kings camp), Mulder (injured - hip), Slobozian (healthy)

Forward Lines
MacAngus - Czibere - Mitchell
Cerveny - Doucet - Weal
Hricina - Streuby - Hanson
Hood - Favreau - Breitkreuz

Defensive Pairings
Bartley - Miller
Pym - Perreault
Scarborough - Dort

Goalies
Bosch
Ketlo

Weairing Letters
Bartley 'C'
MacAngus 'A'
Czibere 'A'
Mitchell 'A'

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-19-2008, 09:28 PM
So close... yet so far.

6 minutes left and I feel as if we might actually beat a near full wheat king team without a few key player, but then reality sets in and we give them the smallest amount of room and pay for it.

We better beat these guys on sunday.

On the bright side, it sounded like our rookies were doing well in stepping up. Miller and Weal inparticular. Like the aggressive play of Hanson, filling the shoes of Kennedy. He even picked up a point tonight.

still looking forward to the home opener...

Allin44
09-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Not trying to troll her, but Hanson did have a good, albeit maybe a bit late hit, right before the "fight". It could probably be argued that Hanson shouldn't have even got a fighting major, as soon as erb came in, Im not sure if he spun hanson, but it sure looked liked a turtle to me, but again, it could have been Erb just spun him too quick or something, I dont know, but hes lucky the linesmen came in when they did otherwise Erb could have fed him his teeth

CJSenterprise4
09-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Missing most of our best players and we almost pulled one out. Thats very promising i think. I will miss the home opener though.

Allin44
09-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Missing most of our best players and we almost pulled one out. Thats very promising i think. I will miss the home opener though.

Your goalie made some impressive saves, and on most of the Brandon goals was pretty much helpless. Same can't be said for ours, one was a 3 on 1 just after we wasted a 5 on 3 PP, good rush and good passing by your guys(Im awful with names). One, Melnychuk fell while skating backwards, left a guy wide open(the ice in Brandon seemed bad, all the pyro in the pre-game and the heat outside probably didn't help).

sbtatter
09-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Missing most of our best players and we almost pulled one out. Thats very promising i think. I will miss the home opener though.Your Weal and Bartley were both good. I thought Pym showed a lot of potential.
We played awful, McCrimmon messed up the lines for some strange reason and Schenn continued his horrible play from pre season. We had no emotion, I expect a much better effort Sunday.
I guess you can win when playing only 5 minutes out of 60. But not very often.

nivek_wahs
09-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Final Score: BRN 5 REG 3

WHL Game summary: http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005247