PDA

View Full Version : Great opener!

Ams4life
09-21-2008, 12:35 PM
It was great to see us unveil the banner's after years of waiting! The team looked pretty good and Reese played great! I was surprised to see that we played Owsley or however you spell that. He had great poise and didn't seem to get rattled a bit. Could this be another great goalie that we have in the system? I think he looks a lot better than Birch. I thought that the younger guys rose to the occation and proved a lot. We where without our two top D men and we kept the shots to a lower number. I think that we have another great team although its very early to say. maybe this will be our year. Watch out Spokane we are comming for you! Funny to look at the standings and again Tri-city and Spokane are the top two for the US. GO AMS GO

DOF
09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Nice to see them come out of the gate fast. Thought the banner ceremony could of been better but oh well, nice to see them hagning in our barn.

Alos like the fact that they get the long Eastern Swing out of the way in October, helps the team and they dont have to worry about the weather that time of year. Reese did look good, possible 50 this year?

Ams1fan
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Agree that it was nice to see the boys play such a fast 1st period. They looked real sharp coming out of the gates and that will be a key to success with this team. If they can get a lead early, we'll be very tough to play against.

Not to disparage any former players, but our forwards as a whole look even faster than last years forwards. And although they didn't get on the score sheet yet, I really like our 4th liners and think they'll contribute a lot more than last year. I feel bad for some of our 1 year vets that I think will eventually be moved or reassigned. But at this point I like our 4th liners Shinniman, Asuchak and Messier over guys that played on that line last year.

Good win, they looked sharp.

Regarding the banners; obviously the ceremony was a little shaky (we've never done it before) Next years banner ceremony will go a lot smoother. ;)

Ams4life
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
YES I BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT NEXT YEARS BANNER CEREMONY! vc1tt