PDA

View Full Version : Juraj Valach???

Stamps1
09-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Where is he? I thought he was coming back? why isnt he with Red Deer anymore and what went wrong? :skeptical

SectionNDeserter
09-22-2008, 06:32 AM
He didn't get drafted in his draft year, or last year, and the chances of him getting drafted as a 19/20 year old were slim (especially on a rebuilding team). Since most Import players aren't too particularly interested in going to college here, playing another year or two to earn that isn't as appealing as it might be for NA players. Add to that, he was never really a big 'team' guy wherever he went, so playing in some lower tier pro league back in Slovakia for money is probably a better fit for him.

WHL Rules
09-22-2008, 10:05 AM
He didn't get drafted in his draft year, or last year, and the chances of him getting drafted as a 19/20 year old were slim (especially on a rebuilding team). Since most Import players aren't too particularly interested in going to college here, playing another year or two to earn that isn't as appealing as it might be for NA players. Add to that, he was never really a big 'team' guy wherever he went, so playing in some lower tier pro league back in Slovakia for money is probably a better fit for him.

He plays for HKM Zvolen, right now the top team in the Slovakian Extraleague (the Slovakian top league). He has zero points in the first 7 games, so I don't know how much ice time he gets.

Stamps1
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
diidnt he make the slovenian world junior team 2 years ago? and got cut last year??

So I guess he isnt playin in a pro league that'll show up on HOCKEYDB.com?

so no NHL try outs for him this year? I remember he got one with the Sharks last year, no one see's potential in him?

perhaps he's in the same league as Ziggy Palffy

patsdude114
10-04-2008, 01:07 PM
i dont know what WHL teams saw in Valach anyways. He was just a big defenceman, was terrible at skating, had no control over his shot, a liability in the defensive zone. After the 1st game he played in a Pats uniform i was very disappointed. I knew it was just a matter of time before the Pats shipped him out again, and it happened close to trade deadline.

He wasnt close to NHL calibre to get drafted... but he thought he was worth getting drafted. Blames the Tri-City Americans for him not getting drafter 2 yrs ago just goes to show he is a self player.

Red Deer is better off without Valach anyways. He was a waste of a Euro spot can get a 17 yr old canadian player to play the role he played, if you want a liablity in the Dzone.

Cant wait til sunday Rebels vs Pats... GO PATS GO!!!!