PDA

View Full Version : Cody Eakin

Brandonite
09-23-2008, 05:25 AM
Im not trying to rip this kid because I really like him and I would love it if Brandon somehow snagged him. My only question is why is he already an "A"? I know Schenn has one as well but Schenn put up unreal numbers while Eakin put up very low numbers and appeared in very few games (55). Again, not knockin him at all just cerious! Must be a great young leader and one that Chynyoweth clearly likes!

Flathead
09-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Because he's Cody Eakin.

Scout
09-23-2008, 08:04 AM
You will see when you see him this year. The kid is unreal on the ice. He was part of the kid line last year and they dominated as rookies. This kid is the total package and doesn't care about his stats. He can skate, hit, back check and score when need be. I think the main reason he got an "A" as a 16 year-old is because he is so focused on being an all round player and is determined to go 200% every shift. He did miss a big part of last year with a concussion and came back and still dominated in the playoffs. Schenn may be getting all the press because of his stats but Eakin is turning alot of heads with scouts by how good a skater he is, his determination and how well rounded a player he is.

Scout

Toswammi
09-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Since when as the "C" and "A" had anything to do with stats? Here i thought it was more about leadership and whatnot. Guess i was wrong.

Broncs in RD
09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Brandonite, are you really clueless???? Why does a person have to put up points to wear a letter? As long as the kid shows maturity, leadership, leads by example and is respected WHY NOT GIVE HIM A LETTER. This year if it makes you happy the points will be there as well.

RV@BBB
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I thought the C's and A's went to veteran players familiar with the territory to help guide other players and inspire them. If Deano thinks that He brings that to the table then he is deserving. But if you were to look at most NHL Teams guys with letters are the players with experience (theres always exceptions but not everyone is a crosby or ovechkin)and as great of an athlete a person is its the experience coaches draw upon to help lead a team. How much experience in big game scenarios/playoffs can a 16 yr old have?

Broncs in RD
09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
RV@BBB Did you watch or follow any WHL playoff games last year? I am asking you this because in big game/scenarios he DID show up and was for the most part a force/best player on the ice during that time. So according to your logic he should have the C.

RV@BBB
09-23-2008, 09:41 PM
painting a room doesn't make you michealangelo... one successful season won't make you a hall of famer... my point is that experience is more than just a single season... and to quote it says C's and A's - by my logic, and to which i also noted that if the coach perceives he has this leadership quality at just 16 yrs of age amongst 20's, 19's, 18's, and 17's then so be it. Oh and its preseason it could be a game by game case right now. - Great hockey players don't always have to be great leaders to peers - You can be in awe about his play but noone questioned that, he is a great hockey player

Toswammi
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Psst. FYI he is a 17 yr old this year.

Brandonite
09-26-2008, 04:54 AM
LOL HAHA...I knew no matter how I said that, you Bronco fans would get defensive over what I said!! I even said that I like Cody Eakin and think hes a great player AND AM NOT KNOCKING HIM!! I just dont know enough about him maybe to see why he is a 17 year old Assistant captain! I see enough Brayden Schenn to understand why he is, I was just wondering about Eakin. Either way I wasnt knockin the kid, I was just looking for an answer. I know the letter doesnt stand for the most talent, but most leadership! Wasnt looking for an argument but one thing is for certain...no matter how good Eakin may be, we still got two 17 year olds that are far better than Cody Eakin! Sorry Bronco fans, GO WHEAT KINGS GO!!

observer9
09-26-2008, 07:33 AM
LOL HAHA...I knew no matter how I said that, you Bronco fans would get defensive over what I said!! I even said that I like Cody Eakin and think hes a great player AND AM NOT KNOCKING HIM!! I just dont know enough about him maybe to see why he is a 17 year old Assistant captain! I see enough Brayden Schenn to understand why he is, I was just wondering about Eakin. Either way I wasnt knockin the kid, I was just looking for an answer. I know the letter doesnt stand for the most talent, but most leadership! Wasnt looking for an argument but one thing is for certain...no matter how good Eakin may be, we still got two 17 year olds that are far better than Cody Eakin! Sorry Bronco fans, GO WHEAT KINGS GO!!

Haha, when it comes to our team's respective 17 year-olds, here's my prediction. Schenn and Eakin make the World Junior team when the tourney is in Saskatoon. Glennie will be spending the Christmas break watching on TV. Take it to the bank. Eakin will be an energy guy used in key face-offs and all PK's. Schenn will be a top six forward, while Glennie may be one of the first six in line for Turkey dinner back home in Winnipeg.

Brandonite
10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Haha, when it comes to our team's respective 17 year-olds, here's my prediction. Schenn and Eakin make the World Junior team when the tourney is in Saskatoon. Glennie will be spending the Christmas break watching on TV. Take it to the bank. Eakin will be an energy guy used in key face-offs and all PK's. Schenn will be a top six forward, while Glennie may be one of the first six in line for Turkey dinner back home in Winnipeg.

HAHA...Thats funny! Your probably right on Glennie not playing for world juniors. At the same time, Codey Burki when he played for Brandon always got alot of hype about him playing for Team Canada at the world juniors and i think glennie is far better than burki! One 17 year old i really like is landon ferraro from red deer. Great player and plays in all situations, he could be a future world junior player for sure!

sbtatter
10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
After the 4 point game, he's only had one point in 5 games. The teams winning though which is the main thing! So is Eakin getting #1 centre minutes? Is he still playing well? Who are his wingers?

sbtatter
10-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Any news on Eakin?
I read on one of the daily updates that he was "hit with a crushing check" by Gallimore, didn't sound good, but I don't think he's injury prone is he, seemed pretty sturdy every time we played you last year