PDA

View Full Version : Tips/Ice Matchup

Kristi
04-06-2005, 02:32 PM
We played three games against the Ice and had a record of 2-1. Two home games and one away game.

Goalies Match up as follows:

Mike Wall played all three games. One shutout. 2.6 GAA. Save % of 88%

Jeff Glass played two games 2.00 GAA. Save % of 90.4%
Taylor Dakers played one game 1.00 GAA Save % of 96%

13 Power Plays in 3 games and we went 1 for 13.

Kootenay had 10 Power Plays and went 1 for 10.

In the three games:
42 Penalty Min for Everett
48 Penalty Min for Kootenay

Leading scorers in the series were:

Alex Leavitt with three points
Torrie Wheat with two points
Shaun Heshka with two points
Karel Hromas with two points
6 other players had one point

For Kootenay:

Casey Lee had 5 points
Ryan Russell had 4 points
Adam Taylor had 2 points
Michael Busto had two points
Nigel Dawes had two points
5 other players with one point

IceMan
04-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Unlike with Portland, where the 2 teams met A LOT, especially towards the end of the year, you can probably throw all that stuff out the window ... As I recall, we met up with the Ice during that stretch when we were missing a bunch of guys, and previously much earlier in the year, when both teams were getting their legs still.

The thing that we need to be aware of, is that Kootenay is smaller and quicker, and they play a more run and gun style than what we're used to. It'll be a nice change from the Pounding and cheap-shot game that Portland played, but ultimately much tougher to contend with.

We're going to need a very solid "Wall", very disciplined Defense, and very accurate shooting. I expect that scoring chances for both teams will be up in the double digits. They generate them due to their style, we will have a lot more odd-man rushes than we're used to, as from what I've seen, the Ice don't hold the Blue line all that well ... but they do bury their chances when they come.

This will be a fun series to watch. Probably not a lot of 2-1 type of games ... we're going to need to average 3-4 goals a game to be competitive, so I would get ready for some end to end action most of the time, and some serious "clamp down" if they do get setup in our end.

This is the type of team that I think we can be very physical with, to take them out of their game ... but be careful, you're not going to get any calls, or the benefit of the doubt from the officials on these guys.

fightstrap50
04-06-2005, 05:05 PM
why would you think that you(EVT) will shut the ICE down from being physical? the ICE have been hammering on teams all year and have found great success in the physical game, Even our smaller players like to hit alot! Not to mention the depth this club has from all 4 lines. I also dont agree one bit that we dont hold the blue line well, you obviously dont know anything about our team. We are a defence first style of club that can run and gun with any team in the league! We love it physical and fast, so good luck keeping up! And keep your heads up! GO ICE GO!!! :groovy:

IceMan
04-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm going by what I've seen ... which is 3 and a half games (don't ask why) between the Ice and Everett and Seattle.

Not enough to make a full-on judgement of the Ice, but based on the way that the Ice played in those games, they were not a physical team at all, but one that had and used tons of talent and finesse. They were not physical in terms of hitting and forechecking or in their defensive zone in any of the 4 games that I attended. They were completely run and gun and were easily out hit in all 4 games.

That said, I'm most certainly not saying that the Ice are a pushover. Far from it ... I just think that Everett is going to be able to take advantage of them Physically in the corners and at the blue line, and should get some good rushes as a result. The Tips did this in the 2 games at Everett, with some success.