PDA

View Full Version : Bartek

sbtatter
09-24-2008, 11:21 AM
How's he settling into life on the West coast? Is he on a top line?

Tipped Off
09-24-2008, 02:30 PM
He had an assist in the first game of the season. He seemed to be in decent position most the night, not too physical. I recall he seemed to skate on the 2nd/3rd line most the night.

The second game against Vancouver he had some good opportunities, but never put the puck away. He seemed to be caught off guard at times by good passes. I think once he learns the other players tendencies this could change.

I really need to see a few more games before I form an opinion.

sbtatter
09-24-2008, 03:04 PM
He's a good scorer, great PK'r who sometimes lacks a little self confidence.

Highlander_Yank
09-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Concur with Tipped re: Bartek ... it's a little too soon to get a handle on what line he'll be skating on.

During the game against the Giants, Bartek seemed to be moving the puck really well, his stick-handling was pretty good, but since we have so many rookies this year, often Bartek seemed like he was the only one who knew what was going on. He was one of the bright spots on a night that was otherwise not all that good for the Tips.

I think he'll settle in fine, but it'll take a few games to tell for sure.

sbtatter
10-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Glad to see Bartek getting lots of points!!

Highlander_Yank
10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Glad to see Bartek getting lots of points!!

I think people in Everett are even more glad to see that!

After 8 games, Bartek has 3G, 8A, 11 total points. Leading the team in assists and total points; #2 in goals.

Bartek is also second in points per game. Beach leads that category, with 2G and 2A in 2 games since his return from the Blackhawks.

Redwic
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
I must say I did not think well of Becanic's thoughts, when interviewed after the win against Seattle last weekend:

From the (October 11th edition of) Everett Herald:

"He worked hard tonight," Everett coach John Becanic said of Beach. "He's capable of doing that on a regular basis because he's talented and he does have the ability to work that hard. And Bartek, he just works hard, too."
------------

It almost came across as a backhanded comment about Bartek, saying he "just works hard" but neglecting to mention if he is also talented (as he said about Beach). These types of comments have always plagued Becanic. There is a reason Constantine kept him on a short leash with the media... Becanic, whether it be intentional or not, has a tendency to throw players under the bus and be derogatory about players when he is interviewed. Not saying he's a bad guy... just that he needs to think before he speaks, sometimes.
------------

Personally, I think Bartek has been, and will continue to be, a great addition.

Tipped Off
10-18-2008, 12:19 AM
....his Hat TRick tonight shows just how hard he works...lol. I didn't take the comment like that. One thing is, we don't know the question. Not Knocking NP's reporting or anything, but he could have been combining two different question/answers into one...something like "how do you think beach is working so far?" then after the answer, "how about Bartek"...then combined those answers together.