PDA

View Full Version : zahn returned by hawks

wango tango
09-24-2008, 01:19 PM
on chicago's website. defenseman teigan zahn returned to junior.

i'd expect him to be in the lineup this weekend.

still in nhl camps: holtby washington, niemi new york, gillies minnesota though i don't expect him back.

Trav
09-24-2008, 01:30 PM
One of Sohn, Berg or Wall will likely be gone by the weekend although they may wait until Niemi is back before sending one or two down.

I'm guessing the latter two.

I wonder if they'd pick up Ariss who was released by the Warriors. He can't be any worse then Wall or Berg. A change of scenery might spark him.

Douglas
09-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Doesn’t seem likely to me they’d pick up Ariss even if he’s free. Lorne appears to be happy with his top six defense, and probably has his primary focus on finding a good forward. It’s interesting to note that Saskatoon is one of the few teams that hasn’t made a recent trade. I think there is a good chance final cuts will be made after the weekend games rather than before. Most rookies will sit, can't see Lorne not playing Holtby in Swift, he's going to want the Friday win for sure. It will be an interesting end to the week.

Douglas
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
for that prediction, as I posted the Blades made two cuts. Krahn and Crooks were sent to thier respective teams back home. Another lesson for me not to think too much. So it looks as if only one or two of the D is left to go now. Not sure why he's holding off now.