PDA

View Full Version : Home & Home with MJ

dagley
09-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Who is going to the game tonight? Calvert and Robak back tonight, should be a duzy.

Joe Hallenback
09-26-2008, 12:02 PM
I will be watching it over the Net

I expect Brandon to win both of these games

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-26-2008, 12:04 PM

Your not in Brandon?

sbtatter
09-26-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm going, i"ll give you guys a run down after the game. Interested to see how the baby blues do now reunited, also interested to see #5 and #6 defenceman, and the 11th and 12th forwards...

Joe Hallenback
09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
I travel for work

wardog fan
09-26-2008, 08:45 PM

unquote

no easy 2pts nonetheless 4pts in the whl.. dont undermind the warriors....

Section Ten
09-26-2008, 09:04 PM
The bright spot for me was watching Stone score his first goal, and earn some power play ice time as a 16 year old rookie.

We really needed Calgiuri to make one big save to keep the game within reach. And Melnychuk had one of his worst games I've seen.

Hats off to Moose Jaw--the best team won tonight!

Allin44
09-26-2008, 09:37 PM
The "baby blues" are trying to be too cute, there were more than a handful of times tonight where they had a good chance to shoot and go for a rebound where they tried to make the cute pass. The league knows about them this year and they aren't going to get any space to do that cute crap.

Love Bestland, good instincts and good speed in case he does make a mistake.

Our d-men are being too aggressive I think. When Keith Aulie is in the offensive zone on the forecheck, it really makes me wonder.

I also worry about Melnychuk. Hes caught some really bad breaks so far this year(falling on a 2 on 1 in the home opener, lots of pucks bouncing over his stick etc) and I really hope it doesn't wreck his confidence.

Hopefully Jay Fehr is OK, hope he didn't put his shoulder right out.

sbtatter
09-26-2008, 09:46 PM
It's pretty simple what the problem is, that's lack of effort, lack of hitting, too many guys playing way within their comfort zone.
Hats off tonight to McCue for a great tilt with Grantham, Clark, Lowry, Stone, Miller, Bestland, Calvert.
Everyone else needs to decide if they want to excel or just get by, b/c right now they're coasting, and that's fine if we're happy with a one or two round playoff run, but if we have any designs of a WHL championship, then they'd better get their asses in gear and start working.
2 periods out of 9 won't cut it boys.
How many more times do we have to watch Jeffries, Cowan and King skate in quicsand, not hitting, not scoring? Bring in someone like Depape or Walker who are young and hungry.
This can be a very good team, but they need to work hard. They're not right now, so we'll see if they smarten up soon!!
Grantham and McCue was the best fight I've seen for a while! Great to see Stone score. He makes simple plays to get the puck out of the zone and to find teammates in the offensive zone.
MJ looked like a good sized team, who work hard. Your goalie didn't look super great, seemed to go down too much.
Glad to hear Kelly Mac not very happy after the game.

dagley
09-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I will leave it at, King is perhaps one of the most useless 1st round picks I have ever seen.

nads
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM
I will leave it at, King is perhaps one of the most useless 1st round picks I have ever seen.
He probably needs to get a trade and get out of his home town. Brendan Wray, another home town 1st rounder, has played a lot better at Red Deer since leaving Moose Jaw.

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
We suck..we're supposed to be good.

Get a goaltender, some players that work and quit losing to these weiner teams. If we get that MC, we'll get our asses handed to us. There is no way that EDM, RD, EVT and PA is better than us.

Hatguy
09-27-2008, 09:05 PM

:laugh: Maybe Moose Jaw isn't as bad as we all thought. :)

wardog fan
09-27-2008, 09:29 PM
hey purple monkey washer, i would like to know who said these teams you mentioned suck? cause last i looked its only 3 games into the season for one and two from what i saw tonight , if you consider brandon as a elite team in the east , you better rethink that . now with that said , its early in the year and brandon was out worked in just about ever phase of the game tonight by a young team who worked hard. thats why the games are played and i laugh at predictions. no one can tell me who will win every night and who will out work who and no one hands out awards in september. you want to win games earn them if not then dont ridicule teams and say they suck, cause purple monkey dishwasher you my friend were handed a decisive 2 game sweep by the warriors whom many picked to be a bottom feeder in our division.

again its only september but i was very happy with our work ethic and brandon needs defensemen in the worst way....

go tribe

sbtatter
09-27-2008, 09:30 PM

Get a goaltender, some players that work and quit losing to these weiner teams. If we get that MC, we'll get our asses handed to us. There is no way that EDM, RD, EVT and PA is better than us.
It's all down to not working, and being afraid to hit. Most other teams don't mind hitting a guy into the boards, taking a hit to make a play. Right now, we don't have many (if any) guys willing to do either. Until that changes, we'll be a .500 team.
The last 2 nights weren't the goalies fault.

wardog fan
09-27-2008, 09:33 PM
i agree hayes looked good and weathered the early storm in the 1st , he let in a couple soft goals, but all in all faced 30 plus shots and gave the wheaties a chance to win. bottom line is mccue is useless and melyenchuk is a waste of a spot on a 50 man protective list..

sbtatter
09-27-2008, 09:36 PM
i agree hayes looked good and weathered the early storm in the 1st , he let in a couple soft goals, but all in all faced 30 plus shots and gave the wheaties a chance to win. bottom line is mccue is useless and melyenchuk is a waste of a spot on a 50 man protective list..
39 shots in all. Melnychuk will be ok. Erb lost teeth and ended up at the dentists tonight when he blocked that shot.

wardog fan
09-27-2008, 09:46 PM
but in light of it all from what i seen tonight , mcCrimmon is no idiot. he will make the right moves and add the missing puzzle pieces. i know its early but brandon has speed and alot of offense. calvert really impressed me tonight as well as glennie. schenn wasnt as noticeable but then again hes still a big and solid skilled player im very impressed of his size for 17 yrs old.. i think the work ethic wasnt there and mcCrimmon will have to put the boys threw bootcamp now cause he didnt look happy at the final buzzer.

as for the warriors, very impressed with howden i dont think he will shoot the lights out points wise this year but he will be a cornerstone of the tribe for years to come. our defense was soild and i thought matthews in the third period was amazing. hamonic is a major addition he was a step or two ahead of everyone on the same ice as him tonight. macmaster another 16 yr old for the tribe continues to impress me. weather we make the playoffs this year or not is not what im excited about its what the tribe just did this weekend is what makes this season more viable to me , this team's work ethic and speed and potential in the coming years gets a fan excited...

GoWheaties/67's
09-27-2008, 10:22 PM
The number three ranking in the CHL for the Wheatkings will take a beating
for awhile.

dagley
09-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Anybody that says MJ sucks clearly doesn't know much about hockey.

wheat_city96
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
the warriors are a good team but on paper we are clearly more talented... offensively that is.
Our defence are too big and too slow and will get eaten alive this year by fast forwards. melnychuk and mccue have to go. bring in some fast young defencemen. and get rid of king what a useless first rounder.

oh and maybe we could get a goaltender ?

Brandonite
09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
the warriors are a good team but on paper we are clearly more talented... offensively that is.
Our defence are too big and too slow and will get eaten alive this year by fast forwards. melnychuk and mccue have to go. bring in some fast young defencemen. and get rid of king what a useless first rounder.

oh and maybe we could get a goaltender ?

I agree fully! Matt McCue needs to go for the OA spot for sure I agree. I love how he sticks up for his mates and fights but thats about all he can do to help this team. I still like Melnychyk though, he is only 17 and looks as though he having a hard time being relied upon as a top 4 d-man. They really badly need to dump grill-donovan. If this was last year, he wouldnt even be here!!

wheat_city96
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
if i were kelly this would be my line up in mind

calvert schenn glennie

lowry clarke mayorov

lewadniuk fehr green

jefferies ciarelli cowan (get rid of king) (cut jefferies)

robak aulie

erb bestland

miller melnychuck

get rid of caliguiri