PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 4 @ Blades 3

Big Ern
09-27-2008, 10:57 PM
4-0.

Look at it as long as you want. It's a league-best record that the Broncos are sporting right now. Great work guys!!

I was able to watch the webcast (well not watch, but keep checking from the corner of my eye) in the Legionnaires' soundbooth at the i-Plex. It looked to be a faster pace game than last night. I saw Matt Tassone's goal in the third frame, which ended up being the game winner...a real pretty one.

Otherwise, the Legionnaires were able to knock off PA tonight in their home opener by a score of 2-1. Byron Sorenson scored the winner in the third. It was a great time! Game 2 in this two-game opening weekend is tomorrow at 1 PM. Be at the i-Plex! GO LEGION!

And oh yes...the bad news. Travis Yonkman seems to have sustained a bad injury. I missed the play on WEB TV, but it happened around the 5-minute mark of the first. Not good. Word is that it's a shoulder injury...we will know more later I guess. Anyhow, that's devastating for Yonks, but Mark Guggenberger has a lot of confidence. I think the Broncos are safe in that position with either guy.

I look forward to re-watching the 'cast later tonight, and then maybe adding a few more notes....

Can anyone that attended the game please add some more info?

Have a great night.

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

Big Ern
09-28-2008, 12:25 AM
For the highlights of this game, please visit the Blades' video section...located in the top right corner of their homepage....

www.saskatoonblades.com

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-28-2008, 12:26 PM
They were the better team,and were solid all around,even though the score was close they just took advantage of their chances. If Yonkman is out for awhile I am pretty sure that Mark G will do just fine. The Broncos look very good early in the season. Good luck the rest of the way. :wave:

Johnsy05
09-28-2008, 01:12 PM
They were the better team,and were solid all around,even though the score was close they just took advantage of their chances. If Yonkman is out for awhile I am pretty sure that Mark G will do just fine. The Broncos look very good early in the season. Good luck the rest of the way. :wave:

Classy post GBG your blades look very improved this year definiatly a never give up attitude there in toon town

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Any update on the injury to Travis.

Big Ern
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Any update on the injury to Travis.

First and foremost, Guggenberger should carry the load well...if Travis is out a while. He's got a crazy confidence...

And Travis Yonkman's attitude alone will help him heal the problem a lot quicker...whatever it is.

It takes a lot more than this to knock him off track..he's got a great mentality.

Hopefully we are lucky and it's only a 2-day to 1-week thing...the news is seemingly getting better.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Who will be called in to back up Guggenberger? Ketting?

blerbtalksc
09-30-2008, 09:52 PM
highly doubtful Ketting will be called up. as far as I know, Yonks is on his way to a quick recovery.