PDA

View Full Version : Bowman sent back

Chief Jeff
09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Carolina just sent Bowman back to the Chiefs. I know he had high hopes of making the team and hopefully he comes back with a chip on his shoulder and plays well. I think we have all seen kids come back from pro camps just missing the roster (in their own minds anyway) and dogging it all year until they get another shot next year. A motivated Bowman is a 50 goal scorer...unmotivated? who knows.

90-91
09-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Carolina just sent Bowman back to the Chiefs. I know he had high hopes of making the team and hopefully he comes back with a chip on his shoulder and plays well. I think we have all seen kids come back from pro camps just missing the roster (in their own minds anyway) and dogging it all year until they get another shot next year. A motivated Bowman is a 50 goal scorer...unmotivated? who knows.

"If he doesn’t make our club and he goes back to juniors with the attitude that ‘I don’t have to work,’ and ‘Things are going to be fine, I’ll just do it next year,’ you waste a year of your development," said Assistant GM Francis before camp. "If you go back with the attitude of “Hey, they made a mistake, they shouldn’t have sent me back, I’m going to show them they’re wrong and I’m going to get up there,’ I think ultimately that’s going to be a quicker path for you."

It sounds like Francis agrees with you.

Pete76
10-11-2008, 11:21 PM
damn, the goal he had tonight 1/11/08 against everett was sweet ... definitely faster this year and way more selfish in a good way ... lots more scoring confidence ... any bets that we will see a round 2 of the beach v. bowman fight next game

brawler21
10-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I predict that letts or donaghy will chase beach around next game. :D