PDA

View Full Version : Opening night

Chief Jeff
09-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Great home opener for the Chiefs. I thought the defense played a great game keeping the Ams out of the middle for most of the game, and Tokarski was great on the few good chances Tri did get. I think the offense was a little shaky but with Bowman back next week things should pick up. The Ams actually looked pretty good to me but I don't think they will be the offensive juggernaut they were last year.

LifelongChiefsFan
10-04-2008, 03:39 AM
It looks like the offense may be starting to pickup now as well. Obviously getting Bowman back was huge. Aside from the Chilliwack game, the Chiefs have been able to score at least 4 goals in the other 3 games. That's a good sign. It sounds like the rookies are starting to come along as well, it was nice to see Gal get rewarded for some hard work with his 2nd goal of the season tonight. Hopefully Kuhn, Conrad and Betz can find the net here pretty soon. If the offense continues to perform, Spokane will have one of the better offenses in the league. Hopefully Roman will be able to get back to North America as well as his presence will make the Chiefs' offense that much better. But that's probably still a ways away, if at all, unfortunately.