PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Notes

Scout
10-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Courtesy Alan Caldwell

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Few notes this morning....

Kootenay now has the smallest roster in the WHL, at just 22 players, after releasing four players yesterday. Couple names are noteworthy, with one-year veteran forward Kris Foucault being one of the cuts, and 19 year old import forward Ales Frieb being another one. The others were rookies, defenceman Joey Leach and forward Jordan Bauer.

I wonder if any other team in the league will pick up Frieb....there's a few teams around the league who do not have two imports and could have him if they wanted to. Frieb was pointless in five games for the Ice this year.

Still in the cutting-veterans category, Kamloops has "designated for assignment" 19 year old tough guy forward Matt Wray. Wray played 43 games for the Blazers last year.

And not only has Alex Plante rejoined the Hitmen, he now insists that Calgary is where he wants to be and that he has rescinded his trade demand. He's certainly playing like Calgary is where he wants to be - in 2 games so far he has 2 assists, a +2 rating, and 9 PIM, including his first fight in over two years. I bet the Oilers had some influence on him too, since they told him he had to choose between "his ego or his career".

With the overage cut-down date just two weeks away now, I'm revising my picks for who each team will keep.....that should be up late this afternoon, I would think.

Scout