PDA

View Full Version : Mayorov sent to AHL

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-01-2008, 11:28 PM
http://www.forecaster.ca/cbc/hockey/movements.cgi?NHL&x_option=28

Sorry guys. Looks like Brandon is 0 for 2 on this years euros, and then there was the guy who didnt report last year too. I dont know if they are all unrelated coincidences or not, but that kind of sucks either way.

Gotovets decides to "gototheUSHL", and Mayorov was deemed ready for the pro league this year despite reports indicating he wasnt ready. As a plan B, maybe you can pick up the guy that Kootenay cut, just like you did with Brandis from the blades last year. Worth a shot, I suppose.

Im sure your offence will be fine though...

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Meh, we epic fail now anyways.

sbtatter
10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
http://www.forecaster.ca/cbc/hockey/movements.cgi?NHL&x_option=28

Sorry guys. Looks like Brandon is 0 for 2 on this years euros, and then there was the guy who didnt report last year too. I dont know if they are all unrelated coincidences or not, but that kind of sucks either way.

Gotovets decides to "gototheUSHL", and Mayorov was deemed ready for the pro league this year despite reports indicating he wasnt ready. As a plan B, maybe you can pick up the guy that Kootenay cut, just like you did with Brandis from the blades last year. Worth a shot, I suppose.

Im sure your offence will be fine though...
It's hard to imagine that Euro's would really want to come to Brandon versus Vancouver, Calgary etc!!!!

GlutenGlutton
10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
There's still the outside chance that they're wanting to have a look at how he'd handle the AHL before making a final decision. Either way, easy come easy go.

Brandon rolled the dice on longshots this year. They have plenty of North American boys on the depth chart, the only Euros that it would make sense to have are impact ones. There isn't much sense in having a Euro for the sake of saying you have one like a lot of teams unfortunately do. Otherwise you're taking away a spot from a Canadian kid who could do the job just as well.

Bully73
10-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Sorry guys. Looks like Brandon is 0 for 2 on this years euros
I think it is still too early to come to that conclusion. Mayorov hasn't made the AHL team yet. From all reports I have read, he is having trouble getting acclimatized to the smaller North American rinks, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him assigned to Junior still. It also wouldn't surprise me if he stuck with Syracuse, but I don't think his reassignment to Syracuse makes it a foregone conclusion one way or the other just yet.

Further, how come a new thread had to be started when there was a perfectly good Mayorov thread five below this one?

Allin44
10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251510&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

Looks like the only thing holding him back from coming to the WKs is the Russian Hockey Federations approval.. (fingers crossed)

Purple_Monkey_Dishwasher
10-03-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=251510&lid=sublink02&lpos=headlines_main

Looks like the only thing holding him back from coming to the WKs is the Russian Hockey Federations approval.. (fingers crossed)

Sounds as if once this is settled, Mayorov will be here. Why must the Russians complicate life and be so selfish?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Perhaps I spoke too soon?

If some russian players are already playing on junior teams, eventually Mayorov will have permission to do so as well.

He will be a good addition to the wheaties, but this still doesnt solve your defence and goaltending problems.

Allin44
10-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Perhaps I spoke too soon?

If some russian players are already playing on junior teams, eventually Mayorov will have permission to do so as well.

He will be a good addition to the wheaties, but this still doesnt solve your defence and goaltending problems.

If our offense can pick itself up a bit, we might be winning some games 7-6, but it sure would be nice if our D and G could smarten up