PDA

View Full Version : Anyone For A Name Contest - For Our New # 1 Line

scoreboard
10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I NOTICED IN THE PAST 10 OR SO YEARS THAT THE REGINA PATS DO NOT HAVE NAMES FOR THEIR CERTAIN LINES OR NICKNAMES FOR THE PLAYERS.

HOW ABOUT A NAME FOR OUR NEW # 1 LINE: I CANNOT EVER REMEMBER WHERE A MAJOR JUNIOR TEAM HAD TWO 20 YEAR OLD WINGERS AND A 16 YEAR OLD ROOKIE - (JORDAN WEAL) AS THEIR CENTRE.

I PERSONALLY THINK IT WOULD BE NICE TO CREATE A NICKNAME FOR THAT LINE. WHAT DO YOU THINK AS REGINA PAT FANS? POST YOUR REPLY NOW. LET US GET A NICKNAME FOR THEM NOW.

THAT IS MY MISTAKE: MacANGUS (20 YEARS) WEAL (16 YEARS) EBERLE (18 YEARS)

hounddog
10-02-2008, 09:46 AM
I agree, great line but what 2 20 yr olds. Jordan Eberle just turned 18 in May.

nivek_wahs
10-02-2008, 09:49 AM
The line last night (for most of the game) was:

MacAngus (20) - Weal (16) - Eberle (18)

Dogstink
10-02-2008, 11:05 AM
From what I saw last night, my grandmother could have played with Weal & Eberle and picked up a few points. No offense to MacAngus, but those 2 were something else... and they're just getting started!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-02-2008, 03:55 PM
That line had it all! Eberle was the goalscorer with the instincts, the shot and the smarts, Weal was the playmaker with the speed and the creativity, and Macangus was the scottish comedic relief.

But seriously, though the line was very effective, it is safe to say that Macangus is like Colby armstrong to the old Crosby line.

He is supposed to be the gritty compliment to the scorers, but I didnt see it. He didnt go in the corners (little 5'8 Weal was in the corners instead), or stand infront of the net for potential garbage goals. Macangus might as well took a smoke break and he still would have gotten those points

I would love to see them try Hricina on this line instead. He's big(and plays like it), has very good offensive instincts and tools, and great in the corners. What the hell is he doing playing with Hanson and Mitchell? If anything, it would make more sense to switch him and Macdoesnothing between 1st and 3rd line.

grainbear
10-02-2008, 04:34 PM
What about the weal deal

Dogstink
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
The two Jordans could be called "the Killer Smurfs".

Then again maybe the Pats should trade MacAngus for Jordan Peddle of SC and complete the line with the 3 Jordans...lol

patsrock83
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
That line had it all! Eberle was the goalscorer with the instincts, the shot and the smarts, Weal was the playmaker with the speed and the creativity, and Macangus was the scottish comedic relief.

But seriously, though the line was very effective, it is safe to say that Macangus is like Colby armstrong to the old Crosby line.

He is supposed to be the gritty compliment to the scorers, but I didnt see it. He didnt go in the corners (little 5'8 Weal was in the corners instead), or stand infront of the net for potential garbage goals. Macangus might as well took a smoke break and he still would have gotten those points

I would love to see them try Hricina on this line instead. He's big(and plays like it), has very good offensive instincts and tools, and great in the corners. What the hell is he doing playing with Hanson and Mitchell? If anything, it would make more sense to switch him and Macdoesnothing between 1st and 3rd line.

He is obviously on the line for a reason i agree that he seems lazy sometimes but he is def. a good hockey player and good set up man. this is why he is playing in the dub and you are on here posting, we should put you on the line with them and see what we write about you.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-02-2008, 05:44 PM
He is obviously on the line for a reason i agree that he seems lazy sometimes but he is def. a good hockey player and good set up man. this is why he is playing in the dub and you are on here posting, we should put you on the line with them and see what we write about you.

I could probably get points if I were on the same line as Eberle and Weal. They basically do everything. All I would have to do is give them the puck. But Im not saying he isnt a good hockey player, I just dont think he belongs on the top line. As far as Im concerned, he is there right now only because he used to have chemistry with Eberle, and other than that, he has had trouble producing.

What is required on that line is a complimentry player that does the things that those two dont. Since they are both really skilled but small, they need a tougher guy go give them room, and get pucks out of the corners (though Weal is surprisingly good in the corners for a guy his size). Hricina can do that and more, while Macangus has hardly been gritty or in the corners.

You would be surprised how much better the line becomes if you pair those two with a gritty guy competant in the offensive zone.

patsdude114
10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I wasnt at the game last night but i have been hearing rave reviews about Eberle and Weal. Even my boss (who is a warriors fan) was in awe of how talented this Weal kid is. Thing he didnt get was why no 1 covered #7 (eberle) he goes " It's not like hes a nobody in this league, but yet no 1 wanted to cover him" i had to laugh lol

Least this year (so far) teams just cant cover Eberle and beat us, as there is this new kid in town by the name of Weal who is just as dangerous. I was watching some highlights last night seemed like Cerveny was flying around out there also. This has to be Cerveny's break out year in the dub. By the looks of it his national team is taking a long look at him also for the WJ tournament. The Pats could possibly loose 4 players come time for WJ tournament Eberle & Teubert will get a solid look for Team Canada, where Cerveny with the CZE and Hrcina with the SLV (if he is on there radar) Hrcina has talents though and it would surprise me if he isnt though.

How did Rowat play though? The game against PA he looked shakey at times with his rebound control, but that is expected coming back from NHL camp where everyone has great shots... there is a big difference in the shot speed from NHLers to WHLers. Harding struggled also when he got back from NHL camps for the 1st few weeks so it is to be expected.

Cant wait til Sunday as im not missing that game.

GO PATS GO!!!!!!

patsdude114
10-02-2008, 06:06 PM
What is required on that line is a complimentry player that does the things that those two dont. Since they are both really skilled but small, they need a tougher guy go give them room, and get pucks out of the corners (though Weal is surprisingly good in the corners for a guy his size). Hricina can do that and more, while Macangus has hardly been gritty or in the corners.

You would be surprised how much better the line becomes if you pair those two with a gritty guy competant in the offensive zone.

Not sure if this guy would fit the bill for the Weal Eberle line but a guy by the name of Chris Cloud (who used to play for stoon, Van and now seattle) I remember Cloud would fight anyone within his weight class, plays a very gritty game, with some offensive upside. He is also a 20 yr old so MacAngus would have to go if we got him. Cloud brings alot more of a gritty game then MacAngus does. I know this wont happen but he would be a good gritty fit for that line......

But yet also we could fill that slot from within once Leffler gets back Leffler brings that physical game, gritty with abit of offensive punch... maybe playing with Eberle & Weal, Leffler can reclaim his WHL career alittle since he used to be a top prospect for this team when he was 15 & 16.

CJSenterprise4
10-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Chris Cloud that was good for a laugh! Maybe someone like Hrcina or even mitchell. Don't really need some big dummy to make space as they are fast and talented enough to get open and create their own space. Put another good offensive player on the line...Leffler would be nice but the guy only plays half the season.

Buldog
10-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Weal wells

nivek_wahs
10-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Well the Pats top lines have been re-arranged:

MacAngus-Doucet-Eberle

Strueby-Weal-Leffler

So much for a "name the line" contest

scoreboard
10-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Well the Pats top lines have been re-arranged:

MacAngus-Doucet-Eberle

Strueby-Weal-Leffler

So much for a "name the line" contest

I agree Kevin, oh, well, it was fun while it lasted. Really I like the new look, with the # 1 and # 2 lines. They played well Sunday.

hounddog
10-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Does anybody else think they should go back to the Eberle , Weal line. Weal doesn't seem to be getting any production on the Strueby, Leffler line. Although I think those guys are a great pair and Strueby is playing awesome it isn't from the help of Weal.

Eberle and Weal played well together and have a similar style to feed each other, put Doucet somewhere else and Weal back on that line and see if wee can't generate more offense.

nivek_wahs
10-17-2008, 07:20 PM
New first line....

Doucet-Weal-Eberle

Roddy mentioned it on his broadcast that someone on his blog called it the

Dweeb Line

I have to say I think it's awesome!!

CJSenterprise4
10-17-2008, 08:52 PM
The DEW line. I like dew better than dweeb

scoreboard
10-17-2008, 11:12 PM
The DEW line. I like dew better than dweeb

clrkth I HAVE TO AGREE - THE DEW LINE SOUNDS MUCH BETTER, THEN DWEEB.

TO THINK THAT THIS STARTED AWAY BACK ON THE SECOND OF OCTOBER.