PDA

View Full Version : Glass returned to Chiefs

brawler21
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
10/02/2008 3:27 PM -
Hogs roster trimmed to 25

Rockford, Ill.- Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliates Mark Bernard announced on Thursday that the American Hockey League team has released forwards Kenny Bernard and Igor Gongalsky, as well as defenseman Trevor Glass.

Glass was returned to his junior team, the Spokane Chiefs (WHL), while Bernard and Gongalsky were sent to the IceHogs ECHL affiliate, the Fresno Falcons.

Rockford’s training camp roster now stands at 24 heading into the final weekend of camp.

LifelongChiefsFan
10-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I find this very surprising. I thought for sure he would make it. While this is very good news for Chiefs fans, I'm pretty disappointed that Glass didn't stick.

As for the Chiefs' other defenseman, it sounds like Falk has played well at Minnesota's camp. I really hope he makes the cut there, not only for Justin, but also so the Chiefs aren't forced to trade one of their 20's away. What a tough decision.

Chief Jeff
10-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I noticed that Falk isn't even on the Chiefs roster anymore. I wonder if the Wild have told the Chiefs that he is going to the AHL/ECHL at the very least.

brawler21
10-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I believe you are correct on Falk, seen that coming and wish him the best.

IMO, This is a HUGE return for the Chiefs to get Glasser back. He was the glue on the back end last season and the run to the Cup. Bittersweet, sad for him he was cut but happy he is a Chief again!!!!!!I think there is no doubt he has a pro career ahead of him anyway, just a minor set back for him to get to the next level.

not so good of news on roman....i hear from a former linemate of his that there is little to no chance of Roman returning. Hope it is false. Its frustrating that sometimes the kids have to pay the price when the suits are playing monopoly. :burningma

chiefaholic
10-03-2008, 07:13 AM
I believe you are correct on Falk, seen that coming and wish him the best.

IMO, This is a HUGE return for the Chiefs to get Glasser back. He was the glue on the back end last season and the run to the Cup. Bittersweet, sad for him he was cut but happy he is a Chief again!!!!!!I think there is no doubt he has a pro career ahead of him anyway, just a minor set back for him to get to the next level.

not so good of news on roman....i hear from a former linemate of his that there is little to no chance of Roman returning. Hope it is false. Its frustrating that sometimes the kids have to pay the price when the suits are playing monopoly. :burningma

I agree that Glass returning is bitter sweet. I was so happy that someone finally realized how good he is. I can't believe a kid with his skill level went undrafted. So it's a good thing that he is at least being recognized as a talent from the AHL/NHL scouts. I think he'll definatley get another look next year. But for now I'm excited to see him in a Chiefs sweater again. This is nothing but great news for the Chiefs.

On the Roman Issue. I Hope that your source is incorrect , but I kinda doubt it is since I know who your source is. But you never know , things could change in a heartbeat and the chiefs org might find themselves making room for Roman again. Keeping my fingers crossed(for awhile anyway). I really hope this works out in Romans best interests , Whatever the outcome may be.

HomerSimpson
10-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Glass is a key element of our WHL/Memorial Cup title defense, no doubt. It's good to see Falker staying up with the Wild this long - and it's also a good thing that we have an equal replacement in Bartman :skeptical . I'm only kidding of course - though it is good to see Bartman playing so well early on, he's making a case for staying in the lineup fulltime this year.

Does anyone wish we had kept Jace Coyle with the circumstances we now have?

brawler21
10-03-2008, 09:23 AM
would have definately liked to keep jayce....but I dont think we would have acquired glass from the tigs without giving up coyle later to them. Call it a hunch.... ;)

as far as bartman goes.....jury is still out for me. Hes a good kid and is playing well but needs to be a solid Dman the chiefs can depend on back there game in game out ......time will tell.

HomerSimpson
10-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Looks like the Falk signing is official. I agree with you on Bartman though Brawler - I don't understand why there are so many Chiefs fans who are so hard on him; even though he's 19 years old, he has only limited WHL experience. He has been better than expected this year and IMO is turning into a pretty underrated player.

Kudos to Falker on earning that NHL contract - I hope he makes it in the pro ranks.