PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Peddle has been Phenomenal

srr378
10-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Jordan Peddle once again last night drew all 3 penalties that Red Deer took and was tenacoius on the puck all night long. What a great player to watch.

srr378

Flathead
10-02-2008, 10:42 PM
He certainly has got off to a good start and gives a 100% every shift. A point a game and leads the team in +/-.

stick boy
10-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Peddle has been a great surprise but I have been even more impressed with Wagner, he brings everything, hits, fights, scores, goes hard every shift, and it looks like he has great hands.

Broncs in RD
10-03-2008, 12:31 AM
I think both are great, but we are comparing apples to oranges. Peddle is 20lbs lighter so can we expect him to go out and hit and fight all the time? Peddle to me has been a big addition with the lose of some major offense someone needed to come in and add some scoring, and he has done that, plus plays a pretty good defensive game.
Wagner reminds me of a young Luke Hunter, in the next two years I think he will develope into that type of player. Fights, well he tried give him credit for it, but like Cam Moon said "I don't think he will fight again anytime soon".

stick boy
10-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Hey I wasn't comparing anyone simply pointing out another player who has had a great start to his Broncos career.

As for the fight Wagner was the only one willing to do what needed to be done. I am sure that he gained the respect of his teammates and the fans by dropping the mitts with a bigger older guy.

Broncs in RD
10-03-2008, 03:44 AM
Why didn't Hewitt take on Wray? Is he not suppose to be a tough guy?
I agree Wagner did what no one else did. As I have not been to any games, I am just curious about Toulmins role as a 19 year old? He has size, is he there for a point guy, fighter, power forward? Not to knock him, but it seems he has been given a very good shot at suceeding, but it seems he doesn't really know what type of player he needs to be.
Any Info on Jokel has he adjusted to the NA game, Evans, Martin (who I think is going to be very good for years to come.) and Brown beefed up, but what is his role?

ointhecreek
10-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Why didn't Hewitt take on Wray? Is he not suppose to be a tough guy?
I agree Wagner did what no one else did. As I have not been to any games, I am just curious about Toulmins role as a 19 year old? He has size, is he there for a point guy, fighter, power forward? Not to knock him, but it seems he has been given a very good shot at suceeding, but it seems he doesn't really know what type of player he needs to be.

I agree. Why did Wagner have to be the one? I thought Hewitt and Toulmin were suppose to be our physical presence on the ice. I was glad Toulmin got another chance but so far hasn't really done anything different then last time he was here. I think the Vets should be ashamed that nobody responded to Wagners beating. They are allowing way to much stickwork and contact on our goaltenders, thus Yonkman out with injury.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
10-03-2008, 10:38 AM
It's great that we have 2 major surprises this early in the season. It will be interesting to see how they continue once the rest of the league knows they exist.

Broncs in RD
10-03-2008, 01:21 PM
It's funny you say that 5 4 fighting, I am waiting for the rest of the league to realize they exist as well. If they have to put their top line against our 3rd line I will take that, then look for Dans line to step up and Wudricks. Then we will see points being racked up.

Toswammi
10-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I gotta give props to the other kid on that line. Vause has been playing some great hockey as well. Maybe its cause he finished last year with us, and played well then, but i don't think he is getting the fanfare he deserves either.

That line is fun to watch. They can all skate well, are tenacious and bring good energy to the game.

d-man
10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Some credit to Dean and Tim as well. A lot of coaches would only give the young guys token ice time. They go out work hard and are rewarded with more shifts. I really like the attitude and work ethic this year.

As for contact on our goaltenders, Dudas will fix that in a hurry once he's back healthy.