PDA

View Full Version : Starting to regret the Jackson deal...

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Not that I didnt before. But now it is starting to really look like a poor deal from the pats perspective.

He has 9 points in 6 games, and is leading defencemen in scoring. Im not saying he would have necessarily done that well in Regina, but Im sure he at least deserved a shot in Regina. I am also aware that he asked to be traded but I dont see why he didnt get playing time this season to begin with. I doubt he went from the level of a 5th defenceman to a top pairing defenceman (so far) over night from just a quick trade...though stranger things have happened.

We only got a 4th round pick in '10 too, which was kind of a ripoff to begin with for a budding offensive '89 dman. Thats what kelowna gave up for Lazurak who is a 20 year old goaltender.

Whatever. I guess it could be worse. Weal was a fourth round pick...

...just saying

patsdude114
10-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I was always in disagreement with Hunt last year with not playing Jackson. Jackson was still in Perkinds bad books from last season and it carried into this year. Jackson always had a offensive upside to him and the Pats failed to regonize it by limiting him and holding back playing time. He could of been a great asset to our PP this season, as Miller isnt ready for regular PP time in this league yet.

I must say though good for Jackson to be able to perform at a top level. I hope for his sake he keeps it up like this all season and make Parker, Hunt & Perkins look stupid (not saying Hunt will care anymore since he is in the NHL), i personally think Derkatch just went along with Perkins doghouse on this 1. Just trusted his assistants judgement from a season ago.

nivek_wahs
10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I have to say that I don't agree. I have nothing against the kid but I don't think he fit into the Pats deensive system all that well. And the fact that he handled the puck like a hand grenade in his own zone kinda sealed the deal. He has lots of offensive upside (which he's showing this year) but I don't think he was ready to be a 5th or 6th d-man that gets very little ice time. If I'm not mistaken he asked for a trade (the Pats don't need to have players that don't want to be here). In closing.... I would rather have a 16 or 17 year old be the 5th or 6th d-man rather than a 19 year old that isn't happy being in that position.

Also note: he has 8 of his 9 points against Chilliwack and Seattle. Sorry if I'm not overly impressed.

patsdude114
10-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Also note: he has 8 of his 9 points against Chilliwack and Seattle. Sorry if I'm not overly impressed.

Ya but he still plays on PG lol