PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon PBP

HAF
10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Once again the Americans internet feed was all fubar'd again so I was forced to listen to the Saskatoon feed. I was very impressed with thier entire broadcast. They interviewed Our GM before the game, our assistant coach during the intermission and the head coach after the game. This is something the Americans could take some serious lessons on.
Laserack(sp)? was very good. I normally hate listening to the "other teams" broadcast but I must say this guy is very good. One of the most non-biast PBP guys in the league. He called it like it happened and not how he chose to see it.
Kudos!!!

As for the game, The Ams were brutal tonight. I've been saying since last year that we need to trade off Mestery while he is still so damn overrated. Pickard still shaky and has yet to find his groove since returning from camp.
It seemed like the Blades were keeping the Ams to perimeter shots and were pressuring Pickard very well.
Congrats on the win!

Trav
10-05-2008, 12:29 PM
and no I'm not being biased when I say that Les is one of the best to listen to in my own opinion. There's others that are good to (the one in Calgary) but Les does a pretty good job when it comes to calling the games.

He's also a good guy to talk to when it comes to the Blades and the league. He does post on here from time to time to.

Tidball
10-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I have listened to alot and Les Lazaruk(no relation to Kris Lazaruk) does an excellent job. WHen Les does his play by play i can get a real clear picture of who has the puck and where they are.

Ive heard other teams play by play guys and it sounds something like this "Yeah Braydon Schenn will have a bright future in hockey thats for sure. I heard that Luke was-SCORES!!! Wheatkings tie it up as Fehr puts it in making it a 2-2 game.

Les is something like this " Toomey, nice work down low behind the Raiders net, he leaves it for Hamilton, Hamilton passes it in front! to Toomey! He scores!!! Hamilton does nice work down low and sends it in front to Toomey who beats Stanford 5-hole to tie it up again"

When its game time, Les calls the game and doesnt worry about other stuff till the intermission.

sbtatter
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I think Lubke does a great job here in B-town, very unbiased. I can't stand the clown that cheer leads the Bronco's, or the colour guy in Lethbridge last playoffs, they were so big a homers they should have posted on here with all of us!!!!
Calgary, Stoon both have awesome commentators