PDA

View Full Version : Shootout win!!!

tommanaz
10-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Nearly 4000 on hand tonight at the CN centre. May not take as long as the previous thread said to get back to 5500.
3-0 in first 10 min for cougars.
first period ends with 140 pims including many game mis conducts
2nd and 3rd the bruins got better eventually pulling there goalie on the powerplay to make a 6-4 and scoring. This tied the game at 3.
Overtimes showed to be nothing other than a miracle save from armstrong.
Shootout, both teams go 0 for 3. Jackson comes out and shovels it blocker side low for the goal then Armstrong makes the save and
Cougars win applause

old_time_hockey
10-05-2008, 12:37 AM
WTG Cats!

They have a good mix of vets and prospects/younger players. This season should be a playoff year and next year should be better.

I am so glad attendance is picking up to a level that it used to be when I would drive 7hrs in the snow from Kitimat to watch the Cats play. I am thinking that I might have to make the 9hr drive up from Richmond to watch the Giants at the CN Center. Then head over to Kitiamt to watch the Ice Demons.

TwoBits
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Glad to hear the attendance numbers are increasing. It's also nice to check the scores in the morning and see another PG win. Maybe management weren't blowing smoke up everyone's butts afterall. vci34

I see PA and Thiessen are coming to visit this week. That might be interesting. :D

the flying moose
10-06-2008, 11:37 AM
that was the single worst reffing i've ever seen at a hockey game. if i didn't know any better i would have guessed the refs were trying to make the cougars lose.

TwoBits
10-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I just looked at the game summary after reading your comment. Was there anyone left to play in the second period? :spineyes:

Since you see the team play all the time, what do you think so far?

bradleykerr
10-07-2008, 08:01 PM
that was the single worst reffing i've ever seen at a hockey game. if i didn't know any better i would have guessed the refs were trying to make the cougars lose.

It's funny you mentioned that because I thought the same during the past two Kamloops VS Kelowna games. The referees were blatantly calling ridiculous penalties against Kamloops and seemingly trying to slant the odds for Kelowna. Head Coach Barry Smith even called it, mentioning that the team was being punished for Smith speaking his mind on the shady refereeing lol.

the flying moose
10-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I just looked at the game summary after reading your comment. Was there anyone left to play in the second period? :spineyes:

Since you see the team play all the time, what do you think so far?

I am really impressed by the team we have right now. They are hitting, finishing plays and standing up for each other. Add to that the incredible goaltending we are getting from Armstrong I can see us going really deep into the playoffs this year if they can keep it up.

the flying moose
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
It's funny you mentioned that because I thought the same during the past two Kamloops VS Kelowna games. The referees were blatantly calling ridiculous penalties against Kamloops and seemingly trying to slant the odds for Kelowna. Head Coach Barry Smith even called it, mentioning that the team was being punished for Smith speaking his mind on the shady refereeing lol.

Of course I have a bias for the home team but when fans are booing calls made to the opposition then you know something is wrong. Friday was good reffing but we later found out the head of officiating for the league was there. I was hoping Saturday would be the same but it was ridiculous. I don't know how you can call or not call some of the most obvious penalties. And tell me how the second ref can make a call on a play when he is about 50ft away when the ref who is 3ft away from the play doesn't call it?