PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs Rebels

patsdude114
10-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Well not many of us have made threads for up coming games like we did last season, so i am starting a Pats vs Rebels thread for tonight's game.

Tonight is the Rebels 3rd game in 3 nights loosing friday night in Brandon 3-1 and then loosing again last night 3-2 to MJ (in a SO) They will be hungary for a win but not sure how much they got left in the tank, should be able to see a difference in there play come the 3rd period.

I hope the Pats dont take the Rebels lightly cause its there 3rd game in 3 nights. With the Pats starting to gel alittle more lately finding there team identity. Last night coming back from being down 2-1 to start the 3rd to win 4-2 (with a EN goal from Strubey) Bartley scored 2 goals, Eberle 2 assists, Weal with 1 assist. Im really excited to watch tonights game mainly due to me missing Wednesday's game against MJ.

Does Rowat get the call tonight? Or do they go with Bosch?? My guess is if they go with Rowat again, Bosch is the odd man out and will be dealt sometime soon. If Bosch gets the call i think its still a flip of the coin who is being traded. I hope they make there decision soon though, even keep them both or move 1 i think the longer this plays out the worse it will get. Both goalies are capable or being a starter, i know at times i have been hard on Rowat and in favour of Bosch but i think i may be changing my mind. I know what Rowat is capable of doing and yet confident in him as well. I know from a fans perpective Bosch would be the more exciting goalie but i think with the the team we got we got to keep the best capable goalie as of right now, and thats Rowat. Tendler will be on this team next season, Kelto will be a solid backup for this year.

Its really nice to see a wide open style of hockey being played by the Pats. Its been a long time since we have been able to see alittle pond hockey being played. I hate how coaches stress so much on defence now a days. What happened to the days when it was just go out there and out score the other team. That was exciting hockey. Derkatch forchecks 2 in the zone the reason we give up lots of 3 on 2's but im ok with giving up 3 on 2's if it makes the game more entertaining to watch. Hunt's stress on defence last season got boring to watch alot and if it wasnt for our PP being 1 of the best in the league our season would of been very boring to watch. I wish more coaches would stress offence 1st. Look at the Washington capitals after they fired there coach last season Broudeau took over he stressed offence 1st with the offensive players he had and look how exciting they were to watch.

Hope we can see some nice plays tonight with a few goals.

GO PATS GO!!!!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-05-2008, 01:59 PM
This is probably the perfect situation to see what Rowat is made of, since he is coming off a great game against a potential contender. Now we are playing against a hardworking, but tired team that is desperate for a win. Tonight could be somewhat of a test for Rosie...usually in situations like this(coming off a big win, to lose to a weaker team) , he always **** the bed last season. If he plays as well as he did last night (apparently he was excellent) and the MJ game, then Im sure that the pats will entertain the idea of putting Bosch on the block if Rowat keeps up the consistant play.

Right now, Rowat is the better, more experienced goaltender...while Bosch is the much more consistant goalie and the safer choice. And though Bosch is good enough to start right now, the goaltender decision will depend on Rowat's play. If Rowat shows he has raised his game up another level, and that he show up more consistantly, the job is his, but if he reverts back to last seasons habits, he will most definitely be the one gone, especially since his trade value is higher than Bosch's is now.

As for Ketlo, Im almost positive that they are already exploring trade destinations for him. He hasnt played at all this season, so I doubt he is in the pats plans, or he would have at least started as backup on the bench a couple times with the one of Bosch or Rowat as a healthy scratch. He has only been on the bench when Rosie was a camp, and Bosch was injured. Im sure parker is looking for a place for him to play, and making room for Tendler. I mean, what would the point be for Ketlo to play backup here for one season just for Tendler to step in? Why not bring up Tendler to get some experience since he is ready? Moving Ketlo is the logical move for both him and the pats. Think about it.

But anyways . . . . .

looking forward to the game tonight. Hoping to see us play "relentless". 60 minutes...all that matters. Hope to see some new interesting line combinations too, maybe throw a rookie in a top 6 role and see how they do, or some different defence pairings. Would like to see Slobozian play more consistantly tonight, maybe give Miller a break as he has kind of dropped back down to earth lately. Rotate those two more often. Still want to see Hricina get some top line minutes with weal and ebs. I know "what aint broke dont fix it" but its worth a try. The kid has some great skill, and could work wonders if he played with someone who isnt a checker like Hanson or Mitchell.

I doubt that any of this happens, but its still some food for the thought.

patsdude114
10-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Ive been really surprised by the play of hanson this season, last season you could tell he wasnt ready for the WHL and it showed. This year he has stepped in and played a physical game and getting chances to score also. Plays PK as well i think he is the most improved all around player from a stand point of last season. Cerveny has been everything i thought he'd be this season. Most euro's need the 1 year under there belt to really show what they can do, he improved over the course of the season last year. Once he played with Doucet & Watt you could see what this kid could do. This year he has been everything and more in my eyes.

I for 1 am not a big fan of Miller though, he is really lazy or maybe it just looks like that cause he isnt a good skater. Yes he has some patience with the puck but i just dont think he is even close in his development to log the minutes he is logging lately. I thought Perrault was alot better skater then Miller, and more physical along with making plays. I really questioned them sending him down to the Pat C's. I know it will be great for his development to log tons of ice in midget.

CJSenterprise4
10-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Pats played very poorly tonight. Was not impressive at all against a team that was playing their 3rd game in 3 nights. Granted the ice was very very bad they need to get some shots and get something going. Very promising though was Ketlo he played very well and made some good saves to get the Pats to OT and win the SO.

nivek_wahs
10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Pats played very poorly tonight. Was not impressive at all against a team that was playing their 3rd game in 3 nights. Granted the ice was very very bad they need to get some shots and get something going. Very promising though was Ketlo he played very well and made some good saves to get the Pats to OT and win the SO.I don't think you can say they played very poorly. The Pats and Rebels both tried to lul the fans to sleep with that game. Albeit there was lots of hitting but NO life from either team. I was hoping that someone would score early in the third to end the eye glazer. But of course then it goes to OT..... boring!! At least the shootout was not a snoozer. Ketlo played incredibly well and I really like his shootout capabilities as he is super athletic and has shown some really good quick reflexes.

nivek_wahs
10-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Ive been really surprised by the play of hanson this season, last season you could tell he wasnt ready for the WHL and it showed. This year he has stepped in and played a physical game and getting chances to score also. Plays PK as well i think he is the most improved all around player from a stand point of last season. Cerveny has been everything i thought he'd be this season. Most euro's need the 1 year under there belt to really show what they can do, he improved over the course of the season last year. Once he played with Doucet & Watt you could see what this kid could do. This year he has been everything and more in my eyes. I thought Hanson was ready for the WHL last year but I just don't think the Pats (or Hanson himself) really knew what kind of role he could play. He has been really good this year and have to agree with you about him this year. He's a good role player (kinda almost in the mold of Ryan Thomas except less crazy). I too have been liking Cerveny this year. I think that he needs to stay playing C because I swear that he rarely loses a faceoff. Cerveny-Doucet-Strueby have been a suprisingly good combo. Now we have to wait and see what happens when Leffler returns (possibly tonight Oct. 8).

I for 1 am not a big fan of Miller though, he is really lazy or maybe it just looks like that cause he isnt a good skater. Yes he has some patience with the puck but i just dont think he is even close in his development to log the minutes he is logging lately. I thought Perrault was alot better skater then Miller, and more physical along with making plays. I really questioned them sending him down to the Pat C's. I know it will be great for his development to log tons of ice in midget.I cannot agree here. Miller has some amazing puck smarts. He's not fleet of foot or physical but knows how to deal with the puck. He's very good in the defensive zone and is a decent PK dman. Playing alongside Bartley will give him some serious confidence when he needs to play big minutes. Perrault is alright but too much in the mold of Delahey/Teubert (big and physical). I was kind of suprised when he was sent down to the SJ but there is only room for so many players.