PDA

View Full Version : Nick Dietrich

Brandonite
10-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Just wanted to know a little about this guy. He is from near Brandon and his dad played for the wheat kings back in the day. I noticed that Nick has played in roughly 70 games in the WHL for both Portland & Lethbridge and has 1 goal and 3 assists during that time along with just 29 PIMS. Now, I know hes not a goon and he clearly is not a "sniper". I never got the chance to see him last season when he was with Lethbridge because he was sick, but I will see him this year when portland comes. What does he bring to portland? I dont wanna offend anyone, Im just wondering if he is a crash and bang type player, or just a pure defensive player?

wheaties89
10-15-2008, 12:32 AM
this is the first real opportunity he's really gettin to play this year. didnt see alot of ice last season but unfortunatly he injured his wrist and won't be playin in brandon this friday again

Brandonite
10-15-2008, 05:00 AM
this is the first real opportunity he's really gettin to play this year. didnt see alot of ice last season but unfortunatly he injured his wrist and won't be playin in brandon this friday again

I know what your saying but he still played 50+ games last year and really did nothing. Yet, he was on a brutal Winterhawks team but i just dont know how players like this manage to stick it out in the WHL when they literally do NOTHING!! If he was playing for Brandon, he would be gone especially at that age of 19. McCrimmon would not keep a guy like that around and I just dont know what teams think when they keep a roster player like that around who simply hasnt done a thing to earn that spot