PDA

View Full Version : Good weekend for the Blades...

Trav
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the team, two big wins and not only that but they score 11 goals in 2 games (5 last night, 6 today) which I think is HUGE. Gallimore I would say has entrenched himself on the 1st line. Wintoneak scores two goals tonite. He needs to continue to be a threat and help put up points.

The young guys are coming a long good. Inglis, two goals in two games, great to see.

Still think they should make a move or two for one or two overagers or maybe a couple 19's.

Hopefully they keep this up.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Then they will have a good chance at turning this season around. The Blades played very well in these two games,and one crazy thing that I saw happen in warm-ups tonight was: a Tiger player shot a puck,less than a minute or 2 into the warm-up and broke a pane of glass behind the net,forcing a delay for the tigers but after that mess was taken care of the Tigers warmed up on the Blades side of the ice,that is the first time that I have ever seen something like that happen!! Hopefully the Blades can take this success onto the road for 6 games, build up confidence and bring it all back here for a very long home game streak in November.

Tidball
10-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the team, two big wins and not only that but they score 11 goals in 2 games (5 last night, 6 today) which I think is HUGE. Gallimore I would say has entrenched himself on the 1st line. Wintoneak scores two goals tonite. He needs to continue to be a threat and help put up points.

The young guys are coming a long good. Inglis, two goals in two games, great to see.

Still think they should make a move or two for one or two overagers or maybe a couple 19's.

Hopefully they keep this up.

Were you at the Game? Please show me where it says we scored 6 against the Tigers. I can only recall 5 and thats the same with the WHL site. If you are not going to the games, you should start coming out, they're playing good hockey.

We only need ONE more player, whether it be an OA or a 19. We need a scorer on our 1st line. Gallimore and Hulak will stay, then we should send Kytnar to our 3rd line. Our line up would be excellent like this.

1. Gallimore - Hulak - Richard(from Seattle)
2. Hamilton - Langkow - Toomey
3. Dzuirzynski - Patterson - Kytnar
4. Nicholls - Chikie - Inglis

D1. Niemi - Zahn
D2. Elliott - Klassen
D3. Funk - Berg/Sohn

Trade Joe, Wintoneak, and a 3rd to Seattle for David Richard clrkthj

wango tango
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
we don't have an overpowering top line, and have to score as a group. which if it happens makes it tough to defend against.

i still would like to see a 20 with scoring ability added, duval in calgary maybe, but at what price?

richard in seattle would be a good addition, but would you send one of our 19 year old dmen there in return? cause that'd probably be the price.

love watching the nicholls-inglis-chikie line. good energy.

solid shutdown on the weekend from the dziurzynski-patterson-wintoneak line.

both the kytnar-hulak-gallimore and hamilton-toomey-langkow lines were good on the penalty kill and five on five.

my only worry is the power play, that'll hopefully pick up when niemi returns.

Trav
10-07-2008, 05:07 PM
sorry thought it was 6.

I'd get Duval from the Hitmen and put him on the first line. I don't like 19 yr olds being on the third or forth line even though Wintoneak seems to be doing well on the line he's on I'd rather see young guys on the last two lines and if Kytnar isnt a top line guy then don't keep him. Go and pick up a twenty year old euro then or give a younger euro who couldnt make their whl team a shot, wouldnt hurt.