PDA

View Full Version : Justin Slobozian

Brandonite
10-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Is he going to be sticking around as a 16 year old rookie? He made his debut in brandon on saturday and to be honest looked very lost and nervous at times! He is from dauphin, so that might have played a part being in front of friends and family. He aint very big but will definitely be a good d-man for regina in the future. Any comments?

CJSenterprise4
10-05-2008, 10:18 PM
not if he plays like he did tonight again. Him and Miller looked scared and did not play all that well.

Brandonite
10-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah he looked very nervous out there on saturday i noticed! The thing is he only played high school last season. Thats a HUGE jump and probably not too easy for him obviously! Maybe suiting up for his hometown Dauphin Kings this season and coming back to regina next year might be his best option this year. Im not sure who holds his Junior A rights, Im just sayin...he will be a d-man in the future im sure though for regina.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
To be fair, he hasnt even played 5 games yet, and has played few shifts at best. He has alot of time to get used to the league. But as promising a prospect he is, I agree that he would be better off playing midget this year.

I could see Regina picking up a defenceman to bring more experience to the blueline, or maybe just bring up Dort if he can cut it.

Brandonite
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
To be fair, he hasnt even played 5 games yet, and has played few shifts at best. He has alot of time to get used to the league. But as promising a prospect he is, I agree that he would be better off playing midget this year.

I could see Regina picking up a defenceman to bring more experience to the blueline, or maybe just bring up Dort if he can cut it.

Yeah I could be wrong but im pretty sure Slobozian has only played at the high school level meaning he has skipped Midget AAA and/or AA as well as Junior A and gone straight to the Dub. Thats a huge jump as i said earlier and it clearly shows. Yes, he did have a great season last year with his high school team in dauphin as he should have! I think you'll see him in junior A before long. Hes not very big, and he just looks nervous as he has the right to be. Hes only 16 and will be a good player down the road