PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys want to do this

HAF
10-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Lets take a poll. Do you guys want to keep doing it the way we are doing it by posting the daily matchups a few days in advance or do you want to have all of the daily match ups for the week posted all at once, say .... Sunday night?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-06-2008, 12:33 AM
The new way is probably easier than a thread every day. That routine must have eaten Beaner alive last year.

Though, I think that after you submit your weeks predictions, that you can still change your picks for games that havnt happened yet.

Like, lets say you submit all the games for the week on sunday, but want to change a couple picks a day later for games on thursday for whatever reason. Obviously you cant edit your post stating all the games to keep from potentially cheating, but you can make another post saying that you change your picks.

(cant make it too simple, of course)

HAF
10-06-2008, 12:41 AM
The new way is probably easier than a thread every day. That routine must have eaten Beaner alive last year.

Though, I think that after you submit your weeks predictions, that you can still change your picks for games that havnt happened yet.

Like, lets say you submit all the games for the week on sunday, but want to change a couple picks a day later for games on thursday for whatever reason. Obviously you cant edit your post stating all the games to keep from potentially cheating, but you can make another post saying that you change your picks.

(cant make it too simple, of course)

Each days schedule would still be a seperate thread. I am just wanting to see if everyone is on board for posting the entire weeks schedule on Sundays rather than just a few days in advance a couple of times throughout the week like we are doing now. Some people may not want to do this as injuries,trades etc. can change mid week. For example, if you make all of your predictions on Sunday and your Starting goaltender goes down on wednesday, you have already made your picks for the upcoming weekend. I know this sounds lame but, Hell.......you get what I am saying.

Weasel
10-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm in favour of posting the schedule a week at a time.

If you have time to put your picks in the day before or the day of the games, you still can, right?

For those who may have a busy week and might be offline for a few days, this will allow them to avoid missing games.

It seems like there would be a benefit for those who need to make picks in advance and no real loss for those who prefer to wait until the last minute.

I'm for it.

Some arrogant jerk (^_^) wrote something about allowing for us to change our picks up until the game starts. I'm in favour of this also but it may not be practical for those who run the competition. I figure we have to make sure our volunteers are happy to continue running the game for us first before we load them up with extra tasks. If they can do it, great! If they say it's too much extra work for them, oh well.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-06-2008, 10:10 AM
If you keep each day a separate thread and we can make our picks separately on different days for each game day then it would still work the same as it does now, but we can pick further in advance if we want to.................IS THIS CORRECT. (Or to state the opposite. We have to pick all weeks games at the the start of the week and can't change them, this changes the whole way the contest is played and is NOT GOOD). Which is it??

I think keep it the way it is but just post more days further ahead. (ie today post for the whole week and then keep about a week ahead all the time instead of just a few days ahead)

HAF
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Yes, you could still make your picks on game day if thats how you choose to do it. Basically the only change that would be made is that all the weeks games would be available on Sunday night.

peatfan
10-06-2008, 06:48 PM
All week posted at once sounds great especially if you have that busy week and you can easily miss the cutoff time or miss when the two or three days is up and forget to pick. This happen a couple times to me last year :dead: . And you don't have to make all week at once so id you want to do it daily great, if you want to od it weekly that's great too.
I do think that once you make a pick that should be it, just thinking of the mod in this regards. This is time consuming and already easy to make errors :spineyes: without complicating the matters. I've done similar things myself and it can easily make one think twice :rolleyes: about volunterring to do it next year.
So thanks :clap: for your efforts for doing all this, it is appreciated. vci22

HAF
10-06-2008, 11:03 PM
"I do think that once you make a pick that should be it, just thinking of the mod in this regards. "

An easy fix to this is that if you are going to change your prediction, just edit your original post rather than make a new one. The system still tells what time the change was made so it will not promote cheating.

caps05
10-07-2008, 09:30 PM
A whole week posted at a time would be best; that way, you can pick them all at once.

I've had a couple of nights this year already where I missed picking games, so this would be a benefit to all of us.

HAF
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Voting was pretty much a landslide. Starting next week, all matchups will be available on Sunday night.