PDA

View Full Version : Last night

defencerocks
10-06-2008, 02:47 AM
See by the game sheet that nine defencemen were dressed. So who is expected back and can some of these guys convert to forward for the year??

moon
10-06-2008, 07:41 PM
See by the game sheet that nine defencemen were dressed. So who is expected back and can some of these guys convert to forward for the year??

The only defenseman that would be expected back that is not here yet is Sbisa.

No reason to convert any of these guys to forward as we will have more than enough once the guys come back from injury and Boychuk is returned.

Likely once Sbisa is back the defense will be:

Wright-Sbisa
Versteeg-Yadlowski
Three of the new guys

Not sure who has the advantage as I have only been to one game so far, but there certainly is no reason to try to make guys this young into forwards when we don't need them there and we can use them on the defense this year and in the future.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-07-2008, 11:40 AM
How about this one. I see Thomas Hickey has been re-assigned to Seattle, who appear to be rebuilding. Roy is gonna package up a bunch of young guys (it seems like we have a lot of capable bodies around) and pull the trigger on this one. Could you imagine our defensive superiority with Wright, Sbisa and Hickey.

p.s. Maybe I jumped the gun on the Seattle rebuilding thing. I based that on thier record to date: Won 1 lost 5. GF 13 and GA 31.
However reading the preseason forcast on this site they appear to feel they can contend.

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 12:13 PM
How about this one. I see Thomas Hickey has been re-assigned to Seattle, who appear to be rebuilding. Roy is gonna package up a bunch of young guys (it seems like we have a lot of capable bodies around) and pull the trigger on this one. Could you imagine our defensive superiority with Wright, Sbisa and Hickey.

p.s. Maybe I jumped the gun on the Seattle rebuilding thing. I based that on thier record to date: Won 1 lost 5. GF 13 and GA 31.
However reading the preseason forcast on this site they appear to feel they can contend.
Don't hog all the good d-men!! We're also in the market for a top end guy....

Bocephus
10-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Don't hog all the good d-men!! We're also in the market for a top end guy....
Backoff! vc1tt
You would have to offer Schenn for him. hehe
I like the idea. Hickey, Sbisa, Boychuk, Sceviour and King on the PP.
DROOL.

sbtatter
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Backoff! vc1tt
You would have to offer Schenn for him. hehe
I like the idea. Hickey, Sbisa, Boychuk, Sceviour and King on the PP.
DROOL.
That would be a deadly PP.
So, hows King playing so far? I would think he'd be a force this year. Any more news on Boychuk? He'll stay there (NHL) for his 9 games at least I guess??

Bocephus
10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
That would be a deadly PP.
So, hows King playing so far? I would think he'd be a force this year. Any more news on Boychuk? He'll stay there (NHL) for his 9 games at least I guess??
King has 8 points in 5 games with a point in all 5 games he has played in I believe.
He has been benifiting from a hot Sceviour and did get an empty net goal but overall his play has been OK. He can be a bit frustrating as he could be a supremly dominating force in this league if he chose to be more physical. Each year he improves though as he is faster and his hands are incredibly soft for a big man. He also doesn't seem to be the man on the team. He is always the compliment player. Not sure why that is? Not sure what role he assumes in the dressing room of course.
Boychuk? Most suspect him to be ruturned before those 10 games from all I read but that is in Carolina's hands.