PDA

View Full Version : Captain?

Brandonite
10-06-2008, 05:27 AM
I know last season the hitmen waited atleast a couple months before naming a captain and the choice came down to Alzner & White. Are they doing the same thing again this season and letting the players decide upon themselves? I know i dont see enough hitmen games to give a for sure answer but my vote would go to brett sonne. Hes a drafted player (not like the team doesnt have a few), but he just seems like the right guy. But im guessing it will be McMillan...any thoughts?

hitmanfan
10-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I think Mac as well. Postma would be a good one, but I like to use long term players / ones we drafted and have done there time. I think there is no one who will out work Carson. I think Bortis, Sonne and amybe Schultz to get the A's.

Hitmen1
10-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I also agree, Mac should be the captain. Sonne, Bortis, and possibly Plante as assistants.

hitmanfan
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
I also agree, Mac should be the captain. Sonne, Bortis, and possibly Plante as assistants.

I hummed and hawwed about Plante but not sure about how the others are taking the refusing to report thing. Matybe they care, maybe they don't, but he sure has played like a man posessed since coming back. 2nd in fighting majors and 4 assists. Hope it keeps up.

Brandonite
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I think Mac as well. Postma would be a good one, but I like to use long term players / ones we drafted and have done there time. I think there is no one who will out work Carson. I think Bortis, Sonne and amybe Schultz to get the A's.

If your looking to "long term player" who have served their time for a while with the Hitmen then I would say Plante. But giving this recent drama show that was going on I wouldnt give him the "C". Im sure some players have some issues with that and wouldnt agree with him being the leader of that team seeing as he wouldnt even come to the team til now. I'd give him an "A" possibly though but I like McMillan, Sonne & Postma. Seabrook is a good player who would have also picked up a thing or two from his older brother who is turning into a real star himself in chicago.

peatfan
10-06-2008, 06:53 PM
No doubt it will be MacMillan as captain. I think they are just waiting until the overage situation is clarrified. Sonne will be one assistant and Postma a second assistant. If they select a third then maybe Schultz or Kozun.

Brandonite
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I dont even think McMillan was ever drafted to calgary. I think he was listed after his 16 year old year in brandon with his high school team. No one ever thought he would even stick with the hitmen to be honest and he has turned out to be a decent player and a rather successful career in the WHL.

hitmanfan
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I dont even think McMillan was ever drafted to calgary. I think he was listed after his 16 year old year in brandon with his high school team. No one ever thought he would even stick with the hitmen to be honest and he has turned out to be a decent player and a rather successful career in the WHL.

Right you are. I should have meant long term player. We have had quite a few good listed players.

AlanC
10-07-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm going to blow against the wind here and say I think it's going to be Sonne as the captain instead of McMillan. McMillan is for sure one of the "A"s though.

I think Plante might have had a good shot at an "A" before his trade request, but I'm not so sure you can give a letter to a guy who two weeks ago didn't want to be on this team. Bortis and Postma would be good picks for the other "A"s along with McMillan, I think.

If they want to pick a younger guy for some continuity to next year (since Sonne, McMillan, Bortis, and Postma will all likely be gone next year, leaving no returning letters), they could use Schultz or Stone maybe. Or they could take a page out of the Canucks book and make Martin Jones the captain. :)

Hitmen1
10-07-2008, 03:39 PM
John Down feels that Sonne is captain material.

Sonne for Captain? (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001576)

hitmanfan
10-07-2008, 06:15 PM
I still think it will be Mac but, Sonne would be a dandy as well.

Brandonite
10-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I still think it will be Mac but, Sonne would be a dandy as well.

Why does this team always wait so long to name a captain? Not saying its a bad thing by any means, Lowry knows what he is doing but its almost 10 games into the season now and you would think one would be named shortly. Any word from calgary?

Hitmen1
10-28-2008, 08:45 PM
The Hitmen have named Kyle Bortis and Carson McMillan co-captains for the season. The assistants will be Sonne and Plante.

Letters handed out (http://www.hitmenhockey.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000001602)